"These go to eleven..."

Very nice Glenn, we're all excited about next years roster and this years festival hasn't even started :heh:

I just hope you and René can pick a different weekend next year since it's his 10th one and i don't wanna miss this special edition tho.

Glenn, you are the model by which all promoters should take note! You're constantly out-doing yourself, and like Havermout said, have managed to get your audience energized about next year's show before this one has even began. That's a BIG accomplishment in itself! I admire you Glenn, you totally rock! Thanks to you and your staff for all the hard work! :headbang:

There are tons of bands worthy of the festival. The only "thinning" I have spoke of is for the pure headliners. Repeats are going to be inevitable until someone steps up.

As for the "norm," dunno.

Ah, you're right. I do remember that it was a headliners argument. I guess I just kind of interjected my super ignorance of all bands out there. Glad to hear the potential list is strong, and this won't dilute anything.

That notion pumps me up for a volley of fucking awesome come the time of announcement.

whats with this sudden surge of extreme bad-assness in 2007?

i swear

we have frickin

all star jam
bands being announced
wednesday night show
clinic
bands being announced at end of the show
2 extra bands being put on the bill

im not complaining! its just amazing to think that after all this crap your doin glen its still getting better.

oh and also, is the all star jam going to become a thing at every show? cause that would be raw

Masculinity be damned - Glenn, I think I love you :headbang:
I would like to nominate Glenn for cloning if it ever comes to be - we need a helluva lot more promoters like him. I just thank God there's on of him.

Cheers,
Jeff

I was about to complain about shorter sets, but an extra hour is great! The next innovation needed: The Harveston PP food booth!
With all the time people are "trapped" at Earthlink/Center Stage, you could make a bundle :)

Steve in Philly

I suspect that Glenn is doing this in response to complaints from the local hotels about the after parties. By making it an extra hour long, the hope is that everybody will be too wasted and tired to do any after-parties. I don't think it will work out that way though. :)

Cool! All you people who said, "How is Glenn going to top this year?" now have your answer.

Really? Have there been complaints about the after parties? In the Granada? on the 3rd floor? 2 years running now? about how utterly TRASHED the rooms are? and how everyone either shouts "YAH!!!" when someone comes in and "BOOOO" when someone leaves until there are so many people there it spills all the way into the hallway?

I wouldn't know anything about perpetuating such a thing. And I CERTIANLY wouldn't hang signs in an Elevator inviting people to come up. ever.

My guess is that Glenn got such a good sponsorship response that he felt that he could add more bands without raising ticket prices. Its a great idea no matter the reason though.

I was about to complain about shorter sets, but an extra hour is great! The next innovation needed: The Harveston PP food booth!
With all the time people are "trapped" at Earthlink/Center Stage, you could make a bundle :)

That is one downside of Center Stage is the lack of food. Yes, you can order at the bar, but it takes forever, is expensive, and really no place to eat.

I just wish there was a McDonalds nearby. I know that there is a Subway (the restaurant, not the MARTA station) down the block, but they have short hours and aren't open on Saturday night. :mad:

But a food booth would be a GREAT idea! :)

That is one downside of Center Stage is the lack of food. Yes, you can order at the bar, but it takes forever, is expensive, and really no place to eat.

I just wish there was a McDonalds nearby. I know that there is a Subway (the restaurant, not the MARTA station) down the block, but they have short hours and aren't open on Saturday night. :mad:

But a food booth would be a GREAT idea! :)

I couldn't imagine that the venue would allow a "food booth" or something of that sort. They want to be able to make money selling food and drinks. Though one would think they might have realized by this point that they could probably sell more food at concerts if they could prepare and serve it faster, instead of waiting forever for the bartender to serve it up. There's no doubt that if they just pre-cooked a lot of burgers, sandwiches, chicken fingers, etc, and had them ready right away when people ordered, they would sell a lot more than they do with their current system.

I'm not surprised though, that there are no restaurants outside open at that time. Midtown Atlanta is mainly a business and arts district. The same is true for example, in the Wall Street area of Manhattan. Retailers are open when business people are around, working their 9 - 5 jobs. Most restaurants and convenience stores are closed by 7 PM on weekdays, and aren't open at all on weekends.

Though one has to wonder... the restaurant that used to be located down the street, near the Granada, caught on to the fact that they could make a lot of money by staying open late those nights. Now that they are gone, I have to wonder whether the owners of the Subway and the pizza shop near the Residence Inn are not aware of this potential windfall, or if they are aware of it and simply feel they are making enough money and don't want to stay open late.

Food...

On a happier note, Chinese Buddha, our 24-hour Chinese restaurant of choice, HAS reopened. It's on 10th Street now, so it's four blocks further away, but it is on the same side of the freeway as the venue and hotels. AND they deliver. :kickass:

They are no longer 24 hours, but they close at 6am on Friday and Saturday (i.e., early Sunday).

12 bands next year? Freeeow!