They say Quorthon died today

Who gives a fuck if (IYO) he hasn't released anything that can be called a masterpiece for a while. I thought the Nordland albums were above average.

I never thought Death was that good at all, yet people still mourn Chuck. Johnny Morrow died, and almost no one gave a shit, eventhough Iron Monkey released two classic albums that helped shape sludge.

Look at John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix. Hell, people still mourn Kurt Cobain, and he couldn't write a quality song to save his life.

J. said:
Who gives a fuck if (IYO) he hasn't released anything that can be called a masterpiece for a while. I thought the Nordland albums were above average.

I never thought Death was that good at all, yet people still mourn Chuck. Johnny Morrow died, and almost no one gave a shit, eventhough Iron Monkey released two classic albums that helped shape sludge.

Look at John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix. Hell, people still mourn Kurt Cobain, and he couldn't write a quality song to save his life.

Eh. I don't mourn any of those people. Regardless, I don't know what point you're trying to make. I'm not shaken up by his death because it's not that much of a loss - he wasn't contributing anything of value to me. This is the same for other people who've stated that he was past his best. If you like Nordland then you obviously differ in opinion.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Eh. I don't mourn any of those people. Regardless, I don't know what point you're trying to make. I'm not shaken up by his death because it's not that much of a loss - he wasn't contributing anything of value to me. This is the same for other people who've stated that he was past his best. If you like Nordland then you obviously differ in opinion.
Fair enough. My point is that it's not all about what he's contributing to you (or anybody else).

It seems people are intent on concentrating on the bad, instead of the good. But people suck, so I don't know why I'm surprised.

I'm not saying I know anything because I don't. But I did follow Bathory up until after the Hammerheart album.

So let me take this opportunity to caution all of you. This is just the sort of thing Q would pull as a prank. If he's really gone, then so be it--I am sorry.

Ultimately though, there's really no way to confirm his death because the public never knew who Q really was.

for the past year, Bathory has had a huge influence on me. I will never forget the day I bought blood fire death and just being blown away. I bought Hammerheart and Under the Sign of the Black Mark soon after. While I know he has made anything super good in the past 13 years or so, his first 6 albums are almost untouchable. His influence will live on, while some my not even know it.

RIP Quorthon