This thread is for us old farts who probably listened to....

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
DURAN DURAN.

I picked up their new album, Astronaut yesterday. What a slice of nostalgia. If ever you were a fan, you should pick this up. It's the first album featuring all 5 original members in 20 years. It's funny that they were considered a "boy band" back in the day, even though they were actually musicians and wrote good songs. "Finest Hour" is one of the best songs I've heard all year long, and no, I have not hit the bong this morning yet.... Getting ready to though. :dopey:

I saw their spread in the new Entertainment Weekly. I have to say, these fuckers have aged well. I can't imagine actually buying the new one though.

They had great videos. "Girls on Film" was banned in the UK for all the boobs, and "Wild Boys" was very cool for its time. Directed by Ridley Scott I think?

John Taylor was the backbone - those bass lines are phenomenal.

Useless Trivia: I knew someone who moved into Simon LeBon's apartment in London after he hit the big time and moved into a mansion, and every now and then, hot chicks would show up thinking Simon still lived there. Funnier still, the guy who moved in was called Simon too. :loco:

That's funny...

I bought it for $9.99 at Best Buy, you know, that first week sale for the big releases.

I wish MTV would release their unplugged from their vaults. There are some really good Unplugged's just sitting in their vaults collecting dust.... Anyone remember the Queensryche one?

Ah well, before I jack my own thread... you should at least find a way to hear "Finest Hour," if it doesn't get picked as the next single and played to death.... really good song.

There's also a section at the 3:40-ish mark of "Point Of No Return," it's guitar and keyboard interplay that sounds very similar to Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench on Tom Petty's "You Got Lucky."

I used to listen to Seven and the Ragged Tiger in my grammaw's '79 lime green Honda Accord hatchback... when it was still pretty new. :loco: