Thursday Night Lineup?

Almah, Dragonland and DC Cooper, which did not really get a reaction from the crowd! I gotta admit, I am a fan, but I don't know how big a drawing this could be.

I don't know, everyone I know seems excited for Dragonland. DC Cooper didn't seem that big though. I'm looking forward to it all.

I missed the announcement but even my long time roomie wasn't the least bit excited about it. I hope it goes well and those who like those bands have a good time.

Dragonland got a pretty big response and Almah got a decent cheer as well. It was mostly dead silent for DC Cooper though. Hopefully that's not a sign of how ticket sales will go. After Pagan's Mind and Rhapsody the last two years it would be hard for anyone to top that.

I think it was almost dead silent for DC Cooper because the video itself was quite underwhelming, you go from Almah to Dragonland both rocking out in music videos to an acoustic clip of a future song(I think). It just didn't have the drawing power like the plugged in stuff did.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty disappointing to see DC Cooper as the Thursday night headliner being as Royal Hunt is playing the fest. However I'm fairly excited to see Almah and Dragonland. Not sure how ticket sales will go

I think it was almost dead silent for DC Cooper because the video itself was quite underwhelming, you go from Almah to Dragonland both rocking out in music videos to an acoustic clip of a future song(I think). It just didn't have the drawing power like the plugged in stuff did.
I think that was part of it, but it also just doesn't have the same immediate impact that Luca Turilli's Rhapsody or Pagan's Mind doing a 3 hour set had. I'm curious what kind of set he'll be doing, will it be like Jorn circa PP7 where he plays various selections from his catalog of work with various bands and some covers? Also, any idea who his band will be?

I'll be buying a ticket regardless because Dragonland will be awesome to see, which seemed to be the draw for a lot of people I spoke with.

I don't know, everyone I know seems excited for Dragonland. DC Cooper didn't seem that big though. I'm looking forward to it all.

Thursday I'm fairly unfamiliar with most. I've heard a lot from Almah but don't have any of their stuff but like what I hear. I also like what I hear from Dragonland. I'm just not a DC Cooper fan like some, and I tend to also feel he may not be as big of a draw in terms of headliner. I'd still love to go see the first couple bands, but not a must for me this time.

I think that was part of it, but it also just doesn't have the same immediate impact that Luca Turilli's Rhapsody or Pagan's Mind doing a 3 hour set had. I'm curious what kind of set he'll be doing, will it be like Jorn circa PP7 where he plays various selections from his catalog of work with various bands and some covers? Also, any idea who his band will be?

I actually agree with this, plus I am also curious what and whom he will have lined up for his band. I've seen DC Cooper perform in various incarnations in the past, and have also become pretty good friends with him, so I am excited to at least get to see him again in person. However, I will admit the biggest draw for me is indeed Dragonland! To be honest,I was beginning to wonder if Dragonland even existed anymore as a band, as I've not really seen any output from them since Under the Grey Banner back in 2011.

Either way, I've already paid Nathan for VIP access for next year, which I was going to do regardless of the lineup. I like and trust Nathan enough that he will come up with something that will kick ass and that I will enjoy, plus I just want to support his efforts as much as a friend and a fan. Pretty much like that I am willing to continue to sponsor ProgPower itself regardless of the lineup as I like and trust Glenn enough that something kick ass that I will enjoy will transpire regardless.

I, along with my lovely wife, are curious as to what kind of set Mr Cooper will play. Hopefully NOT an acoustic set, he has already done that at a pre-party. Would love a retrospective set of his career, but especially concentrate on his great SOLO album.

Personally, I'm holding out hope for the DC Cooper set. Depending on what he does to make it special. I'm picturing a career retrospective, playing songs from all of his bands, plus maybe a few new solo songs. But who knows. It can go any way and I'm sure Nathan won't let us down. It's not his fault Pagan's Mind was that good no one could top it.