Ticket & Band Replacement

If it IS Pretty Maids, I don't think there would be a lot of "wtf" comments. People have been wanting them for years.

Hmm.... *goes back to the drawing board and clears her schedule for the morning*
Wait, I've got it! That one band... Subway To Sally I think it was!

If by "people" you mean "wootsa" ....

Subway to Sally would be fucking glorious.

There are 25 tickets remaining. A fast sell-out is always what I prefer. However, a sell-out is a sell-out even it takes four months to happen. The remaining tickets are not a concern of mine at all. Expectations for this festival are set so high that a huge success for other promoters is looked upon as a failure or setback for me. Such is life....

Obviously. But have you analyzed what the major difference is between fast sellouts and slow sellouts? Why did VIII go much faster than VII or IX? Why did VI set a record? I think it's the relationship between the product and the brand name. When you have lineups with well known power and prog bands, people can't buy tickets fast enough. When the bands are more unknown or not really firmly in the prog or power genres, people adopt a more wait and see attitude.

I didn't want to start bitching again, but since the decision hasn't been made yet, I'm hoping maybe I can talk you into someone like Power Quest, or Poverty's No Crime.:)

The oddball fans are coming for Riverside. Besides, ProgPower consists mainly of prog and power fans. We like the occasoinal oddball to expand our musical horizons, but it seems like we've gone from one oddball a year to two or three, and they are creeping further up the lineup.

The oddball fans are coming for Riverside. Besides, ProgPower consists mainly of prog and power fans. We like the occasoinal oddball to expand our musical horizons, but it seems like we've gone from one oddball a year to two or three, and they are creeping further up the lineup.

I see where you're coming from though I don't agree. I was very much a strict power metal fanboy at one point and time, but hell I've come a long way because of the fest and I love the diversity that PPUSA has been able to provide for fans and critics alike.

I think it provides fans with more of an appreciation/experience when Glenn books bands that people don't really know about and they have to research to find out whether or not the band appeals to them. I love Edguy, but I'd hate to see them headline every single year. Bring on something different, keep me interested, allow me to say WTF GLENN!? I know in the end I'll be satisfied regardless of how many oddballs are dropped in, even though I really don't recall seeing more than one oddball band per year and I don't consider Riverside as anymore of an oddball band as I do an extremely progressive band (that received a decent bit of a reaction during the video announcement) which lives up to the Prog part of the festival.

Fast sell out, slow sell out, moderately paced sell out...it all looks the same to me from an outsider perspective when it comes to money. So long as Glenn doesn't sell out I'm fine, and I really don't think hell will be freezing over anytime soon.

keep in mind this is all merely my opinion and Im by no means trying to belittle yours or tell you you're wrong.

I see a bunch of people talking about the Carburetors. I'll be real pissed if he books them, for I don't think they're any good.

True enough. They're not very good. Very inefficient.

Almost every car manufacturer uses Fuel Injectors nowadays.

/me flees

The fans that embrace the oddball selections are my true concern here. They deserve a replacement for Volbeat, not a replacement for a prog or power band. They may be the minority in terms of attendees, but they deserve just as much respect as the prog snob or power traditionalist.

If it was a headliner that canceled, then folks would assume I would book a headliner of similar appeal. If it was one of the lower melodic prog metal bands that canceled, then fans would expect a similar replacement. So why would I differ on the oddball replacement?

Thanks for booking Ozric Tentacles, Glenn! :lol: :lol:

Zig Harvester, Zig! :kickass:

Take off every Zig.

For great justice.

Move Zig.

:heh:

I am waiting for the announcement and fully prepared to have no idea who the band is. I didn't know Volbeat either. I've learned to give every PP band a shot.

This should be interesting, if nothing else.

Steve in Philly

The fans that embrace the oddball selections are my true concern here. They deserve a replacement for Volbeat, not a replacement for a prog or power band. They may be the minority in terms of attendees, but they deserve just as much respect as the prog snob or power traditionalist.

And the oddball embracers thank you. Seriously, I got three. Thanks, Glenn. Your festival rocks so hard I grew a third ball by attending.

Now when the heck is this announcement happening? I have to go to work eventually you know.

I look forward to all the "Who and What the fuck?!?" posts.
Intriguing. Honestly, I prefer that we're getting a band that falls into this category, than a Nocturnal Rites or someone of that ilk.

And by the way Glenn, I'm fairly certain Wolves in the Throne Room would illicit the "Who and What the fuck?!?" responses you desire. Just a thought. :loco:

Zod

Intriguing. Honestly, I prefer that we're getting a band that falls into this category, than a Nocturnal Rites or someone of that ilk.

And by the way Glenn, I'm fairly certain Wolves in the Throne Room would illicit the "Who and What the fuck?!?" responses you desire. Just a thought. :loco:

Zod
I rather have a sure thing type of band. There's been three bands cancel so far, and two that I was really looking forward to seeing. At this point I'd prefer more of a known quantity that I like than some no-namer.

Britt