Tom Argo Alert, Musicians please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
This from Lance:

Freak advisory ALERT: The Infamous TOM ARGO has resurfaced. If anyone is getting email from a T-MAN from Lady Obscure magazine, he is NOT to be trusted with your music before a street date. Tom is a sick dude that is a compulsive liar and will will absolutely screw up your release. Just a warning for my musical friends out there.

This guy needs his ass beat. He will shit on anyone and everyone without even thinking twice. I'd love to run into this assface at one of the Poughkeepsie shows where I know he does not live far from.

Oh this from personal experience btw.

I think maybe time has dulled the potential negative impact of Tom Argo's stupidity... I mean, everything seems to get leaked early these days anyway, heh.

If you don't trust him, then don't send him your music. But I see no value in putting scarlet letter on him to destroy him. What's the point? Tom is a very good reviewer, and is very much in-tune with the progressive-power music world. In the past he was over-intense and caused a few issues (he even admits it), so I understand your angst....but he's realized his mistakes, and has changed a lot. Cut the guy some slack....he's trying to do well now. And Merry Christmas everyone. :)

If you don't trust him, then don't send him your music. But I see no value in putting scarlet letter on him to destroy him. What's the point? Tom is a very good reviewer, and is very much in-tune with the progressive-power music world. In the past he was over-intense and caused a few issues (he even admits it), so I understand your angst....but he's realized his mistakes, and has changed a lot. Cut the guy some slack....he's trying to do well now. And Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Much respect to you Bobby but one day he WILL burn you.

Based on previous posts, some bands / musicians / labels have had such negative experiences with him that branding him with a scarlet letter, so to speak, serves largely to try to warn others, so that they can make a more informed choice before choosing to engage with him. Also, while you are correct in describing him as over-intense, it went way beyond that... he flat-out lied, time and again, to a number of people... and also promised multiple times that he would never get involved with bands / labels again. He may be a fine dude in person or whatever, but even if he's changed, it seems highly unlikely that any musicians or labels will benefit from dealing with him.

OVER INTENSE!!!! He is liar and a cheat, when you go around misrepresenting yourself to unsuspecting bands and Record labels, that Bobby is fraud. Caused few issues??? He has almost destroyed a number of bands because of his misrepresentation, and you say cut him a break, NO WAY. This person needs to be stopped, and he has not changed at all, he is still the same, and will always be the way he is, and deserves no slack. Which brings to mind someone else.

IMHO, it sounds like Tom Argo suffers from sociopathy. I know because my mother-in-law has it. My wife, daughter, and I avoid her and haven't spoken to her in over three years because of the heinous things she's done to us and other family over the years. Sociopaths have no friends, Bobby. Only unknowing accomplices and victims. Research it online and you'll see. Also check Antisocial Personality Disorder. That is the new term used for this illness now. Here's the definition.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is also known as psychopathy or
sociopathy. Individuals with this disorder have little regard for the
feeling and welfare of others. As a clinical diagnosis it is usually
limited to those over age 18. It can be diagnosed in younger people
if the they commit isolated antisocial acts and do not show signs of
another mental disorder.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is chronic, beginning in adolescence
and continuing throughout adulthood. There are ten general
symptoms:

not learning from experience
no sense of responsibility
inability to form meaningful relationships
inability to control impulses
lack of moral sense
chronically antisocial behavior
no change in behavior after punishment
emotional immaturity
lack of guilt
self-centeredness

People with this disorder may exhibit criminal behavior. They may
not work. If they do work, they are frequently absent or may quit
suddenly. They do not consider other people's wishes, welfare or
rights. They can be manipulative and may lie to gain personal
pleasure or profit. They may default on loans, fail to provide child
support, or fail to care for their dependents adequately. High risk
sexual behavior and substance abuse are common. Impulsiveness,
failure to plan ahead, aggressiveness, irritability, irresponsibility,
and a reckless disregard for their own safety and the safety of
others are traits of the antisocial personality.

Socioeconomic status, gender, and genetic factors play a role.
Males are more likely to be antisocial than females. Those from
lower socioeconomic groups are more susceptible. A family history
of the disorder puts one at higher risk.

There are many theories about the cause of Antisocial Personality
Disorder including experiencing neglectful parenting as a child, low
levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, and belief that
antisocial behavior is justified because of difficult circumstances.
Psychotherapy, group therapy, and family therapy are common
treatments. The effects of medical treatment are inconclusive.
Unfortunately, most people with Antisocial Personality Disorder
reject treatment. Therefore, recovery rates are low.

Hmmmmm.....................
I seem to know a person myself who fits that definition as well,someone who if I ever ran into face to face ....well........would not be good for this person...

This guy needs his ass beat. He will shit on anyone and everyone without even thinking twice. I'd love to run into this assface at one of the Poughkeepsie shows where I know he does not live far from.

Oh this from personal experience btw.

Wait WHAT? Dude, this is Brian Smith. Are you telling me that guy lives around here? Oh, I've heard shit, but I didn't know that. I also remember the fake death as well that Chris Rifkin brought up. I know this guy had made a few overtures to both Dean Sternberg (within another) and Tommy Spadafora (shadow image), but fortunately they didn't get hosed by this guy. I've heard shit though. Yeah, if he shows up at the chance, please let me know. I'd like to see this for real.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.