Top FIVE Recordings for 2012

no, not at all;
but if I dont set a number, some people would list everything they bought.
I do think also, that it helps all of us to see what each of us considers Quality
and why

you might look at someone's list and say"I've never heard that; think I'll try it out".

jon:wave:

Got it.... You're right about the "think I'll try it out". I have a few circa '12s on order as a result of this thread. One (Diagonal) mentioned here that I was unaware of, then that one jogged my memory of a couple more. :tickled: Thank you.

1)Steve Hackett-Genesis RevistedII
2)Headspace-I Am Anonymous
3)Nine Stones Close-Traces
4)Galahad-Beyond the realms of Euphoria
5)Citizen Cain-Skies Darken

jon:wave:

My biggest disappointment of the year. ;)
(Pour My Love is probably one of the worst songs I have ever hard a prog band do)

I agree that "Pour My Love" is not a great song, but the brilliant moments on the album IMO far outweigh the low points. It may have helped that I saw Marillion perform two of the songs from the new album in concert over the summer. They gave a very powerful performance.

[Marillion - Sounds That Cannot Be Made] biggest disappointment of the year. ;)
(Pour My Love is probably one of the worst songs I have ever hard a prog band do)

At least someone agrees with me. In the latest Prog magazine Steve Wilson says its his favorite Prog album of the year & is as good as anything they've ever done!

At least someone agrees with me. In the latest Prog magazine Steve Wilson says its his favorite Prog album of the year & is as good as anything they've ever done!

You are both smoking some good stuff! Can I get some? :lol:
Steve Wilson is a nut anyway (imo)
As good as Brave?! Maybe he got a hold of some bad acid?

1) Hermann Szobel - Szobel *

Next 4 alphabetically -

Anglagard - Viljans Oga
Astra - The Black Chord
Diagonal - The Second Mechanism
Ornithos - La Trasfigurazione

*reasoning previously stated

Brian Eno - Lux
Rush - Clockwork Angels
Flying Colors - s/t
The Tea Party - Live From Australia
Threshold - March of Progress

This time of year I go through my purchases of 2012 releases over the last year to do the DPRP Poll top ten releases. So after a lot of listening and careful consideration here is my top 5:

1. Anglagard - Viljans Oga
2. Astra - The Black Chord
3. Citizen Cane - Skies Darken
4. Autumn Chorus - The Village and the Vale
5. Riversea - Out of an Ancient World

Just missing the top 5 are:
IOEarth - Moments
Argos - Cruel Symmetry
Overhead - Of Sun and Moon
DeeExpus - King of Number 33
Alan Reed - First in a Field of One