Triton Power Cruise Fest with Evergrey, Eumeria, Circle 2 Circle and more..

If anyone is going to the pre party the day before the cruise Seven Kingdoms will playing! hopefully we can make it on the Cruise too!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Circle II Circle has reworked their schedules and I'm very very happy they are now coming back with us on the cruise. (9 bands, and counting???) lol. EDIT- 9 bands ONBOARD (4 preparty) and special guests inclusive of Casey Grillo. : ) I'd be remiss to leave any of that out.

Cam- I hope you guys can come on with us as well. The pre-party lineup is now on FINALIZED confirmation away. Headliner in place. Gonna be a fun weekend. 1,000,001 things to do beforehand and during- but cannot wait for it to get here- go well- and start all over again. (time to make the donuts? but annually- and on a ship)

Mitch Stewart (Circle II Circle, The Element) Will be sitting in with Futures End on a very special version of 'Beyond Despair' from the debut album 'Memoirs of a Broken Man' (Nightmare Records). Mitch will be playing piano with the band on this very special acoustic song. Futures End is very excited to be playing with Mitch and to be a part of this exciting event!

Metal festival comes to South Florida - The Triton Power Cruise
Triton Power CruiseNext spring, Carnival Cruise Lines is hosting the U.S.'s first progressive and power metal concert at sea from our very own Port of Miami. This three-night cruise is a lucky catch for the sunny state's darker side, as South Florida's relatively small rock scene tends to get left out of national tours.
The Triton Power Cruise is named after the Greek god who notoriously blew a sound so bestial from a twisted conch shell that it caused giants to flee. And like the festival's namesake, the shows lined up for the cruise are sure to rumble the ship's structure. It features legends who helped shape metal two decades ago alongside talented rising bands.
Current set: Crimson Glory, Evergrey, Jon Oliva's Pain, Seven Witches, Pagan's Mind, Eumeria, Future's End and The Element
Kamelot drummer Casey Grillo will also be hosting a drum seminar aboard the cruise. Grillo has hosted a few clinics as close as the St. Petersburg area, but never in South Florida.
According to the cruise's posts on the Ultimate Metal forums, tickets are limited to 500 people in 200 rooms to give all passengers an intimate, energetic experience. And during the off-concert hours, there won't be a stage wall separating the fans from the band members; every

Cool that this is getting more publicity like that!

I tried to post a comment to that page, but it was being a dick, so I gave up!

Anyway, this was what I was going to say:

I am so excited to go to this myself! And I am coming from Virginia! I've never even been in Miami before, let alone on a Bahamas cruise. Getting to rock out to some awesome metal bands is just make it that much more awesome. BTW, great to have seen some you at ProgPowerUSA in Atlanta, including Rafael and Beth. This is going to be so awesome!

I'm actually really thinking about going to this, sounds like a lot of fun. Here is my one concern, as you can tell by my forum name I'm vegan. I've never been on a cruise before, is there usually vegan food options?

I will let Beth give you the official reply on this, but I posed the same question to her since my roomie on the cruise is vegan, and she said there will be plenty of "veggie" options at the meals. She told me she'd get back to us if there was any type of special requests we needed to put in ahead of time.

All the major cruise lines have tons of vegetarian options- I just hung up with the coordinator to specifically clarify the topic and she says any special requests like vegan are notated directly with the dining coordinator through our booking.

She says a vegetarian doesn't necessarily have to say so because there's plenty of options but a vegan, or persons requesting all Indian or Kosher meals would need to note their needs. If you want to bring your own soy/rice milk she says to simply pack it and while they have it onboard some vegans prefer to have some in their cabins and they won't confiscate it upon boarding.

If you forget to make note of this information they do keep tofu (and similar products) onboard but it is limited quantity so it is better to note this information. We will adjust the registration forms accordingly to allow this information to come firsthand and smooth out the process.

Hope this information helps and feel free to email me directly, or call, if you have any concerns or questions.

FYI- Preparty info is nearly finalized- I'll be in Miami next week to put the final touches on it.

Cage, Seven Kingdoms and Wicked Waltz are playing that show.

If anyone is in the Miami area and wants to catch up for a beer let this girl know!

I really hope this cruise has presold enough to make it worth it. Its such a great idea. I'm just a broke bastard though ;)

Cool new banner hehehe. :)

tpc.gif

Good day to all you cruising rock-people!

Since we have been extended the honor of joining
this awesome event, we will do our best to keep all
those interested in what his happening within the JOP
camp. It's so great to have so many Oliva/JOP fans already
onboard to set sail. We will continue to work on the rest of
them to get their cabins booked asap!

The 4th JOP CD titled "Festival"
will be released worldwide via AFM records on February 19th.
We are in the final week of tracking and will begin mixing the new record
the week of thanksgiving. We will post some new tunes
just as soon as physically and legally possible.

JOP will also shoot it's first live DVD during our upcoming
European tour in Europe. Plenty of Savatage classics will of course
be apart of this and every show...especially the cruise. We hope to
have the DVD edited and maybe even be able to debut it live on the cruise....if the promoter is ok with that...:worship:.

For further details and for all things JOP...please visit us
at www.jonoliva.net.

Thanks again to Beth and all of you...:headbang:

Cheers!