Twilight of the Gods (Supergroup)

Element_man

Lord of the Realm
Guys from Primordial, Aura Noir, Einherjer, Thyrfing and Cradle of Filth band together to make some Manowar-worship. This band originally began as a mid-period Bathory tribute band (saw two of their shows) but ended up playing their own stuff instead. Album due out late September.

What say ye?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of supergroups either, but this does sound really good to my ears. As long as the disc is solid, that's all I care about. Most of these supergroups just come out with crap. I think this will be quite solid.

I find it disappointing that guys who each have decades of experience playing black/death metal try their hands at traditional metal but only stick to cliches. It's unrealistic to expect another Lost Horizon, but this is worse than HammerFall. It's too generic to be Manowar worship, or worship of any other band. If it's supposed to be Manowar worship, it's heresy.

On further listens it sounds more like that Grand Magus band than Manowar to me, but I still dig it, if mainly for Alan's vocals and the more upbeat second half. He's really been stretching his skills lately, with some of his lines on this song and Dread Sovereign as well. I like this song but I'm hoping they make better use of twin guitars on the rest of the album and throw in some speed metal bits, ten songs like this would be pretty boring.