UK melodic power metal

Originally posted by TimPhallicide

Lost Horizon - This band are truly amazing, they equal Nile in my 'favourie bands of all time' rankings.
HammerFall - A little formulaic, but fun as fuck.
Rhapsody - What needs to be said about this band? They absolutely own the genre. There is no cheesy extreme to which they will not go.
Dragonforce and Power Quest - British fuckin' talent!!!

I'd fly over from the US to see that line up. :D

Awakening The World could be one of the best power metal albums ever. Hammerwho?

Originally posted by veil the sky
holy shit

i finally listened to the mp3s. this is the coolest thing i have ever heard in my life!! :) i put my skintight leathers straight on dude!

power metal is THE metal. yyeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

sad thing is that this kind of thing is infinitely more popular on the continent than in the uk. i was speaking to chris from shadowkeep who had just got back from the 'bang your head' festival where they played, he was saying that it's a totally different experience playing out there.

Cheers Veil! The album should be out next week too!

And that festival line up....wow...it would totally rule to play with those guys!

I ve heard one of your songs on a power play cd, was fuckin brilliant, great to have another good uk power metal band up there with dragonforce \m/

Im not much into downloads, but i can assure you i will buy your album as soon as it is released!

Heh....just rediscovered the very thread that introduced me to one of my now-favourite current UK Metal bands...how's that for nostalgia? :cool: