UNLEASHED To Headline Next Year's PAGANFEST Europe Tour

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Swedish death metal veterans UNLEASHED will headline the 2009 installment of the Paganfest European tour. More information will be revealed soon.

This year's Paganfest European trek featured ENSIFERUM, KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, TÝR and ELUVEITIE.

As previously reported, UNLEASHED will embark on the "Hammer Battalion Europe 2008" headlining tour in November. Support on the trek will come from KRISIUN and ONE MAN ARMY AND THE UNDEAD QUARTET.

WTF? :confused:

I mean Unleashed is good but why the hell are they headlining Paganfest? They're not a band that hasn't toured the US before, they're not viking or folk and there's nothing really that makes me think of them as Pagan. They better not have them as the headliner for Paganfest 2009. I don't get this at all.

I have heard some rumors about the upcoming US version....

rumored...

KORPIKLANNI
ELUIEVETIE ( who knows with two members just leaving)
NORTHER
also rumors of Moonsorrow too. but it would conflict with the Heathen Crusade fest.

I could see Equilibrum playing too since they are on Nuclear Blast who helped in the first one and they have a new disc out this summer.

Swedish death metal veterans UNLEASHED will headline the 2009 installment of the Paganfest European tour. More information will be revealed soon.

This year's Paganfest European trek featured ENSIFERUM, KORPIKLAANI, MOONSORROW, TÝR and ELUVEITIE.

As previously reported, UNLEASHED will embark on the "Hammer Battalion Europe 2008" headlining tour in November. Support on the trek will come from KRISIUN and ONE MAN ARMY AND THE UNDEAD QUARTET.

WTF? :confused:

I mean Unleashed is good but why the hell are they headlining Paganfest? They're not a band that hasn't toured the US before, they're not viking or folk and there's nothing really that makes me think of them as Pagan. They better not have them as the headliner for Paganfest 2009. I don't get this at all.

You are wrong, Unleashed have always had viking/pagan style lyrics. They've always sung about Thor and Nordic gods. Do I want to see them on Paganfest here? not particularly but lyrically they belong.

You are wrong, Unleashed have always had viking/pagan style lyrics. They've always sung about Thor and Nordic gods. Do I want to see them on Paganfest here? not particularly but lyrically they belong.

Well I didn't know that I only have 1 album but to me, they just seem more death metal. They don't really fit the profile IMO.

I just hope they're only headlining the European version

I have heard some rumors about the upcoming US version....

rumored...

KORPIKLANNI
ELUIEVETIE ( who knows with two members just leaving)
NORTHER
also rumors of Moonsorrow too. but it would conflict with the Heathen Crusade fest.

I could see Equilibrum playing too since they are on Nuclear Blast who helped in the first one and they have a new disc out this summer.

Norther is completely out of place...they don't play folk metal nor do they sing about pagan themes...(Can't say I'd say no to seeing Norther though)

But, I have heard that Eluveitie, Moonsorrow, and Korpiklaani are touring together this Fall.

But, how would Moonsorrow on next year's Paganfest USA conflict with Heathen Crusade (which is in November)?

exactly....the next tour will be this fall, well that is what I have heard.

I agree....Norther really do not fit. I think the reason this last one did so well is that it was a solid package of the same genre acts....once you start straying off that, it could hurt it.

I think the big issue is that who ever is creating this tour thinks that melodic death metal is pagan / folk....which it isnt...there are so many great ones out there, they really shouldnt have a problem getting a nice tour package together. Who would have thought the last one would have done so well.

Maybe this is supposed to be something different, but I thought that Amon Amarth / Tyr was supposed to be part of the next Paganfest? Maybe that's a separate tour?

Hard to keep all these damn tours straight!