US Mörglbl tour canceled

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
From the band's management:

I'm very sad and sorry to announce that the Mörglbl tour scheduled over the next 2 weeks has been canceled. Due to some visa issues, the band was refused entry to the US last night, and they've been sent home to France today. When back in France, they'll begin work on correcting these issues in order to plan future visits in the US. On behalf of BMP and Mörglbl, we're all very sorry that we cannot meet to enjoy some great music on this trip.

From the band's management:

I'm very sad and sorry to announce that the Mörglbl tour scheduled over the next 2 weeks has been canceled. Due to some visa issues, the band was refused entry to the US last night, and they've been sent home to France today. When back in France, they'll begin work on correcting these issues in order to plan future visits in the US. On behalf of BMP and Mörglbl, we're all very sorry that we cannot meet to enjoy some great music on this trip.

I wonder if it was the exact same problem as Vanden Plas. Though with a two week tour, I'd be surprised if they tried to get away with a non work visa.

Just saw the e-mail today. Abolutely sucks. Perhaps the same person who reviewed this fest's people/paperwork are the same who put the kabosh on
Morglbl. Why is it easier for people to come from other countries and obtain jobs, than it is for a band to come over and play some gigs & go home?
There's something seriously wrong with the INS or whomever is responsible.
It sickens me, and I feel bad for the guys not bing able to build on what they started this Spring. :mad: