Vainglory

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface

Do we have any fans of this band here? I discovered them from the Nightmare sampler from this past year's festival and I was blown away. I think this band would fit nicely into the showcase lineup. :)

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw them at Dragon*Con. While they were "good", they weren't GREAT. Every song sounded VERY similar. One of those bands, in my opinion, that are good at what they do, but they do it too much. I'd like a little more variety.

Heck yeah, I love Vainglory! If I'm able to pull of what I think I can for Madfest 2008, Vainglory are one of the first bands I'm going to! They're awesome and I owe Kate, big time :oops: :lol: I don't know all the band members yet but Kate is a sweetheart and Corbin is totally cool!

Heck yeah, I love Vainglory! If I'm able to pull of what I think I can for Madfest 2008, Vainglory are one of the first bands I'm going to! They're awesome and I owe Kate, big time :oops: :lol: I don't know all the band members yet but Kate is a sweetheart and Corbin is totally cool!

That would be cool. I bet they put on a good live show.

~Brian~

I dig them. I'm going to do my best to book them down in Albany sometime.

What other bands has she fronted? I've not heard of her until now.

~Brian~

I believe she also sang for a band called Chastain. (Who's album I have not had either the time, opportunity or funds to purchase ... yet.)

Vainglory was also the co-headliner for Flight of the Valkyries in 2007. They were a great addition to the bill. Kate is a great front-woman and really worked the crowd. I thoroughly enjoyed their performance and they probably had one of, if not the best, crowd reaction of the event. Their bassist (Chris, I think) is also cool as shit. Nick and I talked to him quite a bit back at the hotel. :headbang:

By the way, I like your Nightmare Street Team rotating banner. Did you make that?