Video games

BlackLodge

I am the macabre enslaver
Nov 11, 2007
Hofors, Sweden
Good afternoon ladies an gentlemen.

I'm not sure if there has been any threads like this before in the non-opeth forum, but since there aren't any right now I'll start one. Discuss whatever you want about video games, console games, pc games, video game covers, titles. Basically...discuss whatever you want, as long as it's about video games.

At the moment I'm playing drums on Rock Band.:zombie:

Cheers!

last time i checked this was the non-opeth MUSIC chat forum. this thread should be restricted to discussion of video game MUSIC. please pay attention to the rules.

Okay then. This thread is from now on ONLY about video game MUSIC. Anyone who even mentions something about video games (without the music) will be executed by Mr. Åkerfeldt himself.

i listen to the elder scrolls IV soundtrack quite often. it's nothing crazy fancy, but it has a very nice atmosphere to it. perfect for winter IMO.

I have quite a fondness for the Silent Hill 2 OST (I know a few others here are also appreciative of this as well), the Vagrant Story OST (very, very epic), and the Grim Fandango OST (all-in-all I'd say Peter McConnell is the best Video Game Composer ever, some of the stuff he's done for the Monkey Island series is really good as well)

Quite funny to see that people actually did start to talk about video game soundtracks....oh well. I LOVE the Silent Hill OST's, and Final Fantasy. But there is so much good out there. Metal Gear Solid anyone?

Quite funny to see that people actually did start to talk about video game soundtracks....oh well. I LOVE the Silent Hill OST's, and Final Fantasy. But there is so much good out there. Metal Gear Solid anyone?

MGS, Oh yes!:headbang:

Harry Gregson-Williams is pretty damn good and the Konami sound team has made really good and consistent music throughout the game series too. Really like some of the MGS soundtrack stuff.

As I'm also a racing fan, I play GTR2 often and that game actually has some cool electric music things going on. A lot better than you'd expect.

^+1 for mentioning Full Throttle. That game is a classic.

I have quite a fondness for the Silent Hill 2 OST (I know a few others here are also appreciative of this as well), the Vagrant Story OST (very, very epic), and the Grim Fandango OST (all-in-all I'd say Peter McConnell is the best Video Game Composer ever, some of the stuff he's done for the Monkey Island series is really good as well)
High five for the Grim Fandango mention, thats a real hidden gem of a game and the music is spectacular:Smokin:

The original Doom games have some sick music, so do plenty of other 90s classics like Heretic, Descent, Quake 2 etc

Final Fantasy has to be mentioned with great honor, fantastic job they did. I would like to mention Resident Evil soundtracks, I like the atmosphere they create its wonderful. Oblivion has a great atmosphere to the soundtrack, and I am enjoying the new one Fallout 3 soundtrack. There are many others like God of War soundtrack which fits quite nicely with the game.

I like the Cod 4 and 5 Soundtrack, its all nicely done.

Cod 4 online multiplayer, theres a certain eeeriness because of the low strings heard throughout the game.

Has anyone here played Shadow of the Colossus? That game has a GREAT soundtrack, really good game too. Have beaten it like 7 times.