Video Premiere: KAMELOT's 'Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire)'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The official music video for "Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire)", a brand new song from KAMELOT, can be seen below. The track, which features a guest appearance by Lauren Hart (ONCE HUMAN), is taken from the band's upcoming album, "The Shadow Theory", due on April 6 via Napalm Records. The follow-up to 2015's "Haven" was helmed by acclaimed music producer Sascha Paeth and mastered by Jacob Hansen. Other guests on the album include Jennifer Haben (BEYOND THE BLACK) and Sascha Paeth. The cover and artwork was created by Stefan Heilemann. KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood states about "Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire)": "In the future, our memories and thoughts will be extracted and transferred to synthetic A.I. Our carbon-based bodies will no longer be needed and eventually discarded. On 'Phantom Divine', we explore this vision of a world where we are replaced by A.I. Welcome to the Phantom Divine!" "The Shadow Theory" track listing: 01. The Mission 02. Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) 03. RavenLight 04. Amnesiac 05. Burns To Embrace 06. In Twilight Hours 07. Kevlar Skin 08. Static 09. MindFall Remedy 10. Stories Unheard 11. Vespertine (My Crimson Bride) 12. The Proud and The Broken 13. Ministrium (Shadow Key) A 2-CD edition is available with the digipak version and the following additional tracks: 01. Phantom Divine (Shadow Empire) (Instrumental version) 02. RavenLight (Instrumental version) 03. Amnesiac (Instrumental version) 04. Burns To Embrace (Instrumental version) 05. Kevlar Skin (Instrumental version) 06. The Proud And The Broken (Instrumental version) 07. The Last Day Of Sunlight (bonus) Youngblood told Metal Wani about KAMELOT's musical progression leading up to "The Shadow Theory": "I think in the beginning we were a little bit more fantasy-based, but I found that to be at some point a little bit cheesy and also kind of limiting. So we didn't wanna paint ourselves into this medieval-band box or singing about dragons and stuff. So probably around the 'Karma' album, we started really digging into more deeper topics, getting a little bit more dark with Elizabeth Bathory and these kinds of things. And from that point, we've basically kind of introduced a little bit more symphonic, gothic elements into the band. And, yeah, it's basically been kind of an interest of mine anyway, so to be able to include that to the music was a good move." KAMELOT recently parted ways with longtime drummer Casey Grillo and has replaced him with Johan "Jo" Nunez. Following the release of "The Shadow Theory", KAMELOT will embark on a massive world tour, starting in North America during April/May 2018, followed by European shows in the summer. The band will return to Europe in September/October for its biggest headlining tour to date. Photo credit: Tim Tronckoe
kamelottheshadowtheorycd.jpg

Continue reading...