Virgin Black in the USA... go see them, PLEASE!

Hoping they come back down to Aus, and play in their hometown... would love to see them sometime :(

You just don't understand their music. Oh well, you're not the only one.

Ummm...wrong, bubble-butt! I like the band a lot, and I "understand" their music. They just seem like the type of band that really is better on disc than seeing live.

:headbang: Yep, yep, good stuff there LordDarkSoul (I got the exact same shirt.)...that expression on your face, though...laugh my fucking ass off man. You see Samantha right next to you...so calm and straightforward. And then...you, hahaha. Quite the contrast.

I'd also like to note that I got ALL my albums signed by each member of the band in nice, gold ink...special marker I paid $5 for. :) Well worth it. I'll have the photos of them shortly to post up because it looks RAD! I expected them to sign the cover, but it seemed they turned away from it probably thinking it'd ruin the artwork hehehe.

KittyKatatonia: I'd really like to know why you'd think Virgin Black wouldn't pull off a good show live. Like I said, it is the BEST concert I have attended - it was surreal, unlike anything I have seen before from a metal band. It was just us and the music...:headbang: and Rowan fucking headbanged like MAD! I've seen Opeth, Katatonia, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Isis, Kayo Dot, Dark Funeral, Porcupine Tree among others like Chimaira and Shadows Fall, etc which aren't really worth mentioning as I'm not into that kinda thing....but anyway, Virgin Black for the win - easily!

On a final note here...Grayh stated that the upcoming album is the HEAVIEST shit yet. In fact, there are apparently NO clean vocals on it...at all. If I don't own this album soon, I'm going to go fucking crazy. I can't wait to absorb the entire project in its entirety, the way it's meant to be heard.

PS: The playlist was as follows, at BOTH shows I have attended.
*may be slightly out of order**don't rememeber**
Walk Without Limbs (I know they opened with this hehe)
Domine
Velvet Tongue
I Sleep with the Emperor
The Kiss From God's Mouth
...And I Am Suffering
Drink the Midnight Hymn
Our Wings Our Burning

What a setlist man....unbelievable!

On a final note here...Grayh stated that the upcoming album is the HEAVIEST shit yet. In fact, there are apparently NO clean vocals on it...at all. If I don't own this album soon, I'm going to go fucking crazy. I can't wait to absorb the entire project in its entirety, the way it's meant to be heard.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Pianissimo is the next album, which is the mellow one. Not 100% sure though. Anyway, can't wait for both releases.

I saw them three times on this tour. Truly, it was an experience. Though the albums are incredible, the live show is powerful as well. Great performers, and nice people...and it's true that it is going unnoticed, to some extent. Seeing and supporting them is recommended, for sure!

And indeed -- I believe pianissimo will be released before fortissimo. I'm looking forward to both of them. I have a feeling I won't listen to any of these until I can hear them as one.