Virgin Steele NY show!

While the place is tiny, VS hasn't really drawn much of a crowd in their NY area appearances over the last 5 years.

I don't see it being a problem, I was more curious than anything else.

For those who haven't seen this band live, you're in for one hell of a treat. They are great at what they do.

My drum teacher from a couple years back used to perform with them on occassion when they played in NY (I'm not completely sure why, since they do have a drummer... I know he's friends with them and I believe he played on one album)....So it would be pretty damned badass if he was behind the kit that night.

Either way I'm sure it'll be kickass :headbang:

While the place is tiny, VS hasn't really drawn much of a crowd in their NY area appearances over the last 5 years.

I don't see it being a problem, I was more curious than anything else.

For those who haven't seen this band live, you're in for one hell of a treat. They are great at what they do.
Ok, gonna take your word for it. I tried to email Dave at the addy above, but got a mail error.

It is a bar, but I read advance tix were available. They've never had advance tix for a "show" there before, don't know why they're starting now.

Yes, it's a bar. I don't think they'll be able to (comfortably) fit the "Kraken's" drumkit up there along with Defeis' keyboard. But that's just my guess.

Some new info for you all....

For "advance" tickets, call 516 - 352 - 9131

"Advance" tix are $10. Tix day of show are $12.

For the price of a movie ticket, this is the best concert you may ever see.

So the Long Island Scene has been reduced to the Dublin Pub,sad.
I've been there before,this place (I moved from the HellHole known as Long Island in 2000)mainly catered to top 40 coverbands(anyone in the area remember omnipop,does that management still exist,Omnipop basicly managed like 15 top 40 coverbands,and basicly had a stranglehold on most bars,you could littereally go bar hopping to 5-6 different bars and hear normally horrible songs like Tubthumping(anyone remember that stupid song by Chumbowumba),Blister in the Sun,ext,desecrated all night)
Sould probably is substandard(remember,these bars catered to the drunken frat boys and their groupies,so sound was never given priority)
It is 10 minutes from the Queens/Nassau County line

LOL, yeah, this is a pretty dead-on description of the Dublin. Spent many a drunken teenage night in this place in the 80's but it seems a really, really small place to have VS play,....:erk:

And yeah, I remember the Omnipop managed acts,....most were pretty bad, but considering the other alternatives on the Island at the time,...you took what you could get.

Too bad "The Downtown" closed. That would have been a better place for VS to play. Symph X played there, saw UFO there around Thanksgiving or Christmas on the last tour.

Surprised they wouldn't try to book Mulcahy's instead.

Da Pup

Would've been pretty badass if they were playing at Mulcahy's, that's only a couple minutes from where I live (when I'm not at school) ..

Also, I was a fan of the Downtown and all, but it was the most poorly managed place EVER. EVER. They were open much, much longer than anyone could've predicted they would be. It was a cool place though, I'm hoping one day it opens under new management.

Hey, if I win the lottery tonight, maybe it'll be me :headbang:

Virgin Steele's last two Long Island shows were at Mulcahy's and the Downtown respectively.

Both were in 2001/2002 if I recall..

Actually I'm fairly sure they've played at the Village Pub South at least ONCE since then....It's a pretty tiny bar, with a small stage...but...yeah I'm pretty srue they've had a show or 2 there in a past several years.

Still though, I've never seen them, so I'm looking foward to tomorrow :headbang:

Actually I'm fairly sure they've played at the Village Pub South at least ONCE since then....It's a pretty tiny bar, with a small stage...but...yeah I'm pretty srue they've had a show or 2 there in a past several years.

Still though, I've never seen them, so I'm looking foward to tomorrow :headbang:

If they did, I missed and I'm pissed.

They're letting you out tomorrow? Don't you have Crim law or Contracts to worry about? :lol:

Well, tonight is it! Hope to see some of you there. Will write up a review, hopefully with photos. Should be interesting at the very least. Now w(here)tf is Long Island?