Vision Divine: Fabio Lione rejoins.

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
Italian melodic power metallers VISION DIVINE, the brainchild of ex-LABYRINTH mastermind Olaf Thörsen, have issued the following statement:

"We are happy to announce that finally Fabio Lione [vocals] is part of the family again! He was the only logical person we could think about, as he's a wonderful singer and most of all, a wonderful friend. Even more, VD is a creature that he formed up himself together with Olaf, 10 years ago, and wrote wonderful melodies for the first three albums of the band (from the first, 'Vision Divine', up to the high acclaimed 'Stream of Consciousness').

"Just to make it clear, Fabio won't join the band as a sessionist, but will be part of the official line-up and will be fully committed to every scheduled activity, including recordings and tours.

"We apologize for how long it took to give you this news, but we all wanted to make things properly in order not to give illusions to anybody nor to do some wrong move.
Now it's official: Fabio will be on stage with the band starting from June 20th (Morarock) and he's already working to our new album, which recordings are scheduled starting from August 11th.

"We know that every time there's a change in our line-up somebody gets concerned and fears that things could go wrong; every time there are gossips around the names and the reasons why things have happened. As always, we let fact talk on behalf of the band, and so far facts always told we were right making the best decision in order to let the VISION grow up as it deserves.

"We'd like to spend our last words for all those many people who supported us during this period. Your friendship arrived to us from all around the world, and we want to dedicate our new album to all of you, who never lost your faith in us. Once again, we are sure you won't regret."

*yawn*

Fabio is best when singing his native language. But he doesn't have the overall talent that Luppi had. So.. will be weird to hear him sing any of the songs I heard Luppi on.

*yawn*

Fabio is best when singing his native language. But he doesn't have the overall talent that Luppi had. So.. will be weird to hear him sing any of the songs I heard Luppi on.

Agreed. I love Olaf's writing/playing but honestly with Luppi gone Vision Divine is pretty much off my radar. Fabio just doesn't do it for me. A shame too, as they had some of the most solid releases of the past few years, imo.

I think Fabio's best cd for me was Labyrinth's no limits, and Rhapsody's Symphony of Enchanted Lands. I haven't been up on anything Rhapsody lately, but does this mean they are done, or on hiatus, or is he going to juggle both. I lost interest in Rhapsody after Power of the Dragonflame, everything they have done after that has been BLAH to me. I think Fabio coming back into the fold might not be bad for Vision Divine, but agree Luppi is amazing, even though I am not the biggest fan of VD on disc(mainly because power metal has been in the back burner for me for a while), but live they were really amazing, especially Luppi, especially that amazing note at the end of La Vita Fugge.

This is all kinda weird. The reason Fabio originally left VD was because Joey DeMaio (Manowar Bassist/ Rhapsody Manager) said to Olaf that it would be "really hard" to have Fabio in both Rhapsody and VD. Now all of the sudden its OK. I think I will wait for a more desriptive announcement until I believe this.

Italian melodic power metallers VISION DIVINE, the brainchild of ex-LABYRINTH mastermind Olaf Thörsen, have issued the following statement:

"We are happy to announce that finally Fabio Lione [vocals] is part of the family again! He was the only logical person we could think about, as he's a wonderful singer and most of all, a wonderful friend. Even more, VD is a creature that he formed up himself together with Olaf, 10 years ago, and wrote wonderful melodies for the first three albums of the band (from the first, 'Vision Divine', up to the high acclaimed 'Stream of Consciousness').

"Just to make it clear, Fabio won't join the band as a sessionist, but will be part of the official line-up and will be fully committed to every scheduled activity, including recordings and tours.

"We apologize for how long it took to give you this news, but we all wanted to make things properly in order not to give illusions to anybody nor to do some wrong move.
Now it's official: Fabio will be on stage with the band starting from June 20th (Morarock) and he's already working to our new album, which recordings are scheduled starting from August 11th.

"We know that every time there's a change in our line-up somebody gets concerned and fears that things could go wrong; every time there are gossips around the names and the reasons why things have happened. As always, we let fact talk on behalf of the band, and so far facts always told we were right making the best decision in order to let the VISION grow up as it deserves.

"We'd like to spend our last words for all those many people who supported us during this period. Your friendship arrived to us from all around the world, and we want to dedicate our new album to all of you, who never lost your faith in us. Once again, we are sure you won't regret."
:headbang::kickass: Welcome back, Fabio!

This is all kinda weird. The reason Fabio originally left VD was because Joey DeMaio (Manowar Bassist/ Rhapsody Manager) said to Olaf that it would be "really hard" to have Fabio in both Rhapsody and VD. Now all of the sudden its OK. I think I will wait for a more desriptive announcement until I believe this.

Maybe he realized that Rhapsody does jack all.

I think VD is going to experience the Masterplan syndrome for me. You just can't follow a guy up like Jorn Lande and the same goes for Luppi. I don't care who Olaf gets, Luppi will never be matched. The funny part about the whole thing is, that Luppi was a no name before joining Vision Divine. He most certainly has the momentum, so if he's smart he'll continue singing this sub genre of metal with another band.....soon!

~Brian~

This is all kinda weird. The reason Fabio originally left VD was because Joey DeMaio (Manowar Bassist/ Rhapsody Manager) said to Olaf that it would be "really hard" to have Fabio in both Rhapsody and VD. Now all of the sudden its OK.

I am not doubting you here but where did this information come from?