Vision Divine: Fabio Lione rejoins.

I listened to this band's latest and found it pretty boring but, are their older ones any better? Anyone got a good rec?

I listened to this band's latest and found it pretty boring but, are their older ones any better? Anyone got a good rec?

Stream of Conciousness is their best, IMO. Luppi sings on that one. As for the first 2 albums (the 2 with Fabio) I would say the self titled album.

No one can touch Luppi but he sings gay stuff lately so who knows what kind of band he'll turn up with?

About VD, I agree that Luppi was a huge part of what made the band special but the last disc which lacked good melodies big time was a let down. Maybe the return of Fabio will bring some energy back into this band.

Let's wait and see...

Steve

No one can touch Luppi but he sings gay stuff lately so who knows what kind of band he'll turn up with?

About VD, I agree that Luppi was a huge part of what made the band special but the last disc which lacked good melodies big time was a let down. Maybe the return of Fabio will bring some energy back into this band.

Let's wait and see...

Steve

So just because he sings pop its "gay stuff"? Just because its not metal? Come on, I know a lot of people that love his aor CD's (His Solo Disc and Los Angeles). Myself included. No need to put a deragatory tag on something because it doesn't float your boat.

Fabio Leone is an awesome singer. But his work in Vision Divine just wasn't very good. Michele Luppi fit the band well and they vaulted into the top tier of metal bands after his addition.

This is like Dream Theater going back to Charlie Dominici.

damn, better never to get Rhapsody for progpower. OR bring back Vision Divine. There will be 3 people in the audience!

No, Rhapsody of Fire (nowadays) would be a very cool addition to the ProgPower alumnus. It's just Luppi has such a unique style that it's going to be hard for anyone else to please those of us that fell in love with VD's Luppi catalog. I respect Fabio and he's a very cool guy to meet in person. With that said, I wish that he would just stick to his Rhapsody gig.

~Brian~

I think VD is going to experience the Masterplan syndrome for me. You just can't follow a guy up like Jorn Lande and the same goes for Luppi. I don't care who Olaf gets, Luppi will never be matched. The funny part about the whole thing is, that Luppi was a no name before joining Vision Divine. He most certainly has the momentum, so if he's smart he'll continue singing this sub genre of metal with another band.....soon!

~Brian~

That seems unlikely IMO, considering he was never into this subgenre before, and seems more into the idea of using the notoriety he's gained through this to advance his solo career and do the sort of music he's actually into.

I think VD is going to experience the Masterplan syndrome for me. You just can't follow a guy up like Jorn Lande and the same goes for Luppi. I don't care who Olaf gets, Luppi will never be matched. The funny part about the whole thing is, that Luppi was a no name before joining Vision Divine. He most certainly has the momentum, so if he's smart he'll continue singing this sub genre of metal with another band.....soon!

~Brian~