VOYAGER in BROOKLYN 9/11 Roll Call

Is it just me or is this a new sound for them? It seems like a big break from that big Euro powerprog sound that I've been bored to death of and more like they're taking a clue from some of the djent-y groove metal bands...but still pretty much prog.

Actually it reminds me a little of Sybreed. (Like Emma-0)

I don't think it's a departure at all. Voyager has always had a more unique sound that didn't fall in line with the norm.

Is it just me or is this a new sound for them? It seems like a big break from that big Euro powerprog sound that I've been bored to death of and more like they're taking a clue from some of the djent-y groove metal bands...but still pretty much prog.

Actually it reminds me a little of Sybreed. (Like Emma-0)

It's just you. They've never really sounded like the stuff you described... :lol: The new album continues on the same track as I Am the ReVolution.

It's just you. They've never really sounded like the stuff you described... :lol: The new album continues on the same track as I Am the ReVolution.

See...I liked the first two Voyager albums but I wasn't too thrilled with IatR. The two songs I've heard off this album don't sound like IatR to me though.
They've got way more groove than the stuff I'd heard before.

Damn! Sounded like such a kick-ass show. If the timing was better for me (with it being back-to-back with ProgPower and just could not get that Monday off as I would've needed it to take the train back), I definitely would've went to this. Awesome that I at least got to see Creation's End at Jaxx and now REALLY looking forward to seeing Voyager at PP! I was stoked when I first heard them announced exactly a year ago today as I was listening to their albums long before. I was utterly blown away to see them mentioned in the announcement as I figured there was no way in hell they would get to play here, being so far away in Australia and such!.

Well done on an awesome show!

Also to add, if you like to hear more of Clay Barton, check out Forever's Edge Chaotic Silence!