WARMEN...

I will not answer this, cause it will result with "bullshit" and "post vid" post, and I will not. So. I can just say that... Mhhh... there's alot of pianist who play better than Janne, trully, Janne is no near godskill than any others...
Hm well, I wouldn't have said that, but someone might have so, I guess I understand why you won't answer. But whether you (or anyone else) can play as good or better than Janne, really it doesn't matter. I have great respect for you, and it's awesome you have those talents and dedication, but you have to be an established musician, in a kickass ever-pwning band, and be a great writer such as he is, to be on his level in my mind, you know? I'm sure there's lots guys who are better, but none that are in a better band who can garner such respect from me (and others in my opinion). But cool, keep up on the keys dude, much respect!

But, Janne could very well be in the Top 5 of Keyboard players. (Maybe piano too).
He could be, depends on the criteria I guess. And well in a list of top 5 favourite keyboardists, he's definately number 1, by far. I don't know much about the technical aspects, I just know anything I hear him play is pretty much amazing, and his side project Warmen is truly amazing, in my opinion anyways.

I don't think... At least... I don't hope...
Hm well, I understand there's more skilled people out there, but look at the road he's travelled. Have any of these 'better' guys accomplished as much as him? I'm actually curious, since I know nothing about it really.

Wait like 2 years :)

Anyway, yah I like Janne, don't be wrong with that, but like many others there's so much overating but anyway, I'm out of here.

Well, I don't doubt that, but maybe he's overrated for good reasons. :D:D I think so anyways if that's the case. And well, if you get famous in 2 years, that'd be awesome. Take me on tour! :lol: :headbang: :p

Jens is deffinitly a better keyboardist...even Janne would agree with me there.

Vitalij Kuprij is also a runner-up

Jens -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdDK8fl8pM

Vitalij Kuprij -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJmSupUeQAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bHpigYKVY&mode=related&search=

Mikko from Sonata isint bad but I think Janne surpasses him.

Again, this is not a battle of who is the best keyboard player. Of course there can be better players. There is no such thing as world's best. Someone is always better than the other.

And that Vitalij dude... fast never equals good. I didn't like his solo. The only purpose of that solo seems to be showing how fast he is.

Janne and Jens are fast, but they are also wonderful musicians. You have to have some ability to write music also and creativity, not to mention the skill to improvise, which is one of the most respected aspects.

Again, this is not a battle of who is the best keyboard player. Of course there can be better players. There is no such thing as world's best. Someone is always better than the other.

And that Vitalij dude... fast never equals good. I didn't like his solo. The only purpose of that solo seems to be showing how fast he is.

Janne and Jens are fast, but they are also wonderful musicians. You have to have some ability to write music also and creativity, not to mention the skill to improvise, which is one of the most respected aspects.

that is just Vitalij's solos for the songs he's also a famous classical player and has one boat loads of awards for his performances mainly chopin.

he's also working on a classical of his own thtas supposed to be amazing.

his rock CD's are also quite similar to warmen except all instrumental, Joe Holmes is INSANE on his High Deffinitions album.

Back to Warmen lol ... yes it is awesome ... i prefer Beyond Abilities to Unknown Soldier ... and i've been told that Accept the Fact is better ... so i want to get it .... On US, my favorites songs are Into the Oblivion and Unknown Soldier ... and on BA its Salieri Strikes Back ... Lyrics songs of BA aren't the best but lyrics are nice ... My favorites are Sparks and Singer's Chance.

For the bests keyboarders, i couldn't tell .... anyone who played keyboard/piano for over 10 years can be a real master ... From Quebec I know Alain Lefèvre and André Mathieu (often compared to be better than Mozart). They're both masters... But the fact is that i prefer what Janne made on Warmen .... i'd listen to it much more than other keyboarders ... unless i find someone else that i prefer ... maybe even if he's not better lol.... Rick Wakeman and the guy from Emerson, Lake and Palmer are both awesome lol... Sonata Arctica's keyboarder shows that Keytar doesn't suck there is still good pianists (Dream Theater, Symphony X, Dragonforce, Vitalij Kuprij(amazing videos lol), Martin Leung, who played mario bros at an amazing speed) SOoooooooOOOOOoooo many good players lol ... and yes keyboard in metal kicks ass ... I prefer keyboard metal than Metal .... i probably wont like a band that has no keyboard (Arch Enemy, Slayer, Amon Amarth) as much as a band that has one. Fetzer btw i'd like to see what you can do you seem to be a good keyboarder. So many good players ... but ppl has different opinions, and prefer differents styles to have the same favorites. That was my opinion.

Reactions: COBHC Webmaster
Back to Warmen lol ... yes it is awesome ... i prefer Beyond Abilities to Unknown Soldier ... and i've been told that Accept the Fact is better ... so i want to get it .... On US, my favorites songs are Into the Oblivion and Unknown Soldier ... and on BA its Salieri Strikes Back ... Lyrics songs of BA aren't the best but lyrics are nice ... My favorites are Sparks and Singer's Chance.

Beyond Abilities is maybe a better album instrumentally, if that. I like Unknown Soldier and Accept the fact way better. ATF might be my fav Warmen album actually. Hard to say. The self-titled track from Beyond Abilities is INSANE, but the other albums have a bigger collection of faster songs, and songs that I enjoy more. All the 'Salieri' songs (one per album) are amazing :p. I LOVE 'Into the Oblivion' as well. Great songs.

And as for the skills level. I don't know. I mean sure there's A LOT of better players than Janne, hands down. But are they interesting? Do they make great songs? Are they as accomplished as Janne career wise? Does anyone actually give a shit about them? Mostly the answer is no. Sure they are 'better', but they're boring. To me anyways, and the general population. Only a hand-full are actually in kickass bands, writing and playing kickass music. That's my opinion anyways... I'm sure a longtime piano-keyboard player will disagree. :p

Beyond Abilities is maybe a better album instrumentally, if that. I like Unknown Soldier and Accept the fact way better. ATF might be my fav Warmen album actually. Hard to say. The self-titled track from Beyond Abilities is INSANE, but the other albums have a bigger collection of faster songs, and songs that I enjoy more. All the 'Salieri' songs (one per album) are amazing :p. I LOVE 'Into the Oblivion' as well. Great songs.

And as for the skills level. I don't know. I mean sure there's A LOT of better players than Janne, hands down. But are they interesting? Do they make great songs? Are they as accomplished as Janne career wise? Does anyone actually give a shit about them? Mostly the answer is no. Sure they are 'better', but they're boring. To me anyways, and the general population. Only a hand-full are actually in kickass bands, writing and playing kickass music. That's my opinion anyways... I'm sure a longtime piano-keyboard player will disagree. :p

Well dude of course you think that because you are into metal. However if you ask someone really into classical piano they will probably think Janne is shit in terms of writing and skill comparing him to Mozart for example (who is more accomplished, a better player and made plenty of great songs :p) or many other classical pianists who Janne could never play like. And to many classical listeners Janne wouldn't mean anything because they don't enjoy the music he creates. Same with jazz pianists or any other style other than metal..

^ I'd call you evil, but Dispatched is a kickass band so you're forgiven.

And yes, like I said, it all depends on people's tastes and opinions. My comments were meaning like, to a metal head, is anyone else as great? :p And I said all those classic composers were better writers btw.

As i said in the other warmen threads
This band project is amazing and perfect
every taste of melody
especially Soldiers of fortune, The evil that warmen do, Puppet, Treasure within,Alone and (Janne's choise)They all blame me!