What about Crimson Glory?

Harvester said:
For our specific audience, absolutely. For a headline tour of NYC or anywhere else, no.

Glenn H.
Yes yes yessssssss You are the man!!!!! Just like your work on Progpower V with Weapons of Mass Destruction and Progpower VI with Conception only you can manage to bring original Crimson Glory together for one last time. I believe in Glen

I saw Ben Jackson and Midnight do an accoustic set at BraveWords/Bloody Knuckles fest. in Cleveland like a year and a half ago. They sounded great and had an incredible fan response! And both guys are VERY cool, we had a chance to hang out with both of them. The night before they performed is one great Metal moment I'll never forget...a few musicians, including Ben Jackson and Midnight got together at the hotel bar with a few accoustic guitars and just jammed, playing a bunch of cover songs and just having fun. James Rivera and Midnight did vocals, Dennis Hayes played bass, Jack Frost and Ben Jackson played guitar...a very memorable and fun time. We hung out in that bar till like 3 in the morning!:headbang:

Harvester said:
Drenning was an absolute pleasure to speak with and he really would like to see a CG reunion one day.

Glenn H.

That's great to hear Glenn!!! I've been monitoring their website at
http://www.crimson-glory.com and there hasn't been any CG news for
awhile, hopefully they will update it with some info about the new album
and add sound samples to the music section...

Neal

Harvester said:
Drenning was an absolute pleasure to speak with and he really would like to see a CG reunion one day.

Glenn H.
Being from the Tampa Bay area, I saw the CG guys in the clubs alot, back in the day, and they were always very friendly amiable guys. The show at the Rock-It Club in Tampa, on the Transcendence tour, still ranks as one of the best shows I've seen, ever.

I believe they deserve a headline spot, if it were to happen, and the Transcendence album was a forerunner, and very influential album, in the prog-metal scene...IMO.

TheWhisper said:
...the Transcendence album was a forerunner, and very influential album, in the prog-metal scene...IMO.
When they started playing "Lonely" on the college radio station that all of my friends listened to, everyone kept asking, "Have you heard the new Queensryche song?"

Zod

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
of course there fans CG here. I guess you never heard about ProgPower 5.1 "Midnight at 6am".

Actually, this is the main reason I finally came to PP this year. SwordLord tried to convince me to go to PPV and I declined. Then he got to see the middle of the night Midnight show and I've been kicking myself ever since. So, I finally attended this year and I'll be back. I did get to see 2/3 of Avian (I'm a huge Lance King fan) play an impromptu set in the vendor room; not quite as cool as CG, but still pretty sweet to have been in the right place at the right time to see.

that 6am acoustic midnight set at the Fairfield was probably a top 5 ProgPower moment of alltime
highlight
that Chinese food place(buddah) delivered my food to me in the middle of the set,and he improvised in a song that I didn't order for him
C G would be a dream come true
will be seeing Ben Jackson here in Tampa the night they play with Kamelot

[QUOTECrimson Glory wouldn't be a bad idea to play. I wonder if any Strange and Beautiful songs would enter a setlist?][/QUOTE]

uuuuurgh............
Ben the Killjoy strikes again
:zombie:

BenMech said:
I still kick myself all over for missing the Midnight at 6 improv at Fairfield.

Crimson Glory wouldn't be a bad idea to play. I wonder if any Strange and Beautiful songs would enter a setlist?

Promised Land should be in the set!! I still haven't understood why people cringe over this album.

First time I saw CG... 1989, with Psychotic Waltz opening. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Masks were a bit *odd* though. I kept wondering how the hell Midnight was able to do his thing with it on, lol.

Midnight at 6am... Words can't even begin to describe how incredible that experience was for me. The sun was just creeping up over the horizon during those few moments of bliss... *sigh* I just wish he would've picked a song I knew the words to, lol ;)

13ShadesofGray said:
First time I saw CG... 1989, with Psychotic Waltz opening. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Masks were a bit *odd* though. I kept wondering how the hell Midnight was able to do his thing with it on, lol.

Midnight at 6am... Words can't even begin to describe how incredible that experience was for me. The sun was just creeping up over the horizon during those few moments of bliss... *sigh* I just wish he would've picked a song I knew the words to, lol ;)
I missed your part unfortunately(if Y'all remember,I was actually kinda occupied that night for once)
demm.......its been over a year since i got any(everyone point at me and call me the loser that I am)

"Hey, you're 'the loser that I am!'"

Uh, that doesn't work too well. :)

--Or maybe it does. :eek:

13ShadesOfGray said:
*sigh* I just wish he would've picked a song I knew the words to, lol

hahaha, yeah, "Going to California." Great song, but you have to be actively listening to classic-rock radio to keep it 'fresh.' Most of us nowadays probably don't bother; after all, we have CDs to listen to instead, darnit. :)

NP: Dead Can Dance, "Rakim" (live Europe 2005)

I guess the ball is in Midnight's court as it has been before.

I'm guessing a CG reunion would be one of the most affordable headliners Glenn could ever get since they're just a state away. If that anniversary package ever comes out, PP would be a great place to promote it.