What are some of your favourite concert DVDs?

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
I have been bouncing around other forums and concert DVDs seem to be the shit and popular. I have a huge collection of them as well... what are some of your personal favs?

HANDS DOWN #1...........tie:
Dream Theater - Live @ Budokan
Metallica - S&M

honourable mentions:
Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio (.. aside from the death camera cuts)
NightWish - End of an Era
Opeth - Lamentations Live @ Shepards Bush

I´m not really a big fan of concert DVDs but some great ones are:
Metallica-Live shit
Sentenced-Buried Alive
Nightwish-End Of An Era
Therion-Celebrators Of Becoming
Dropkick Murphys-On The Road With...

Iron Maiden-- Live After Death
Iron Maiden-- Beast Over Hammersmith
Amon Amarth-- Wrath of the Norsemen
Overkill-- Wrecking Everything
Testament-- Live In London
Judas Priest-- Live Vengeance '82
The Ultimate Revenge II (Forbidden/Faith or Fear/Death/Dark Angel/Raven)
Sabbat-- End of the Beginning
Enslaved-- Return to Yggdrasill
Motorhead-- Everything Louder than Everyone Else

Opeth - Lamentations
Pink Floyd - Pulse
Children of Bodom - Chaos Ridden Years

I think that the combination of a whole concert being filmed/documentary about the band works really well.

Oh and I almost forgot Rage Against The Machine - At the Grand Olympic Auditorium. The bonus stuff is all really good as well, especially the footage of them playing at the National Democratic Convention. Although the footage of the rioting that happened about an hour after the band left, is played during Killing in the Name, which at first makes it look like the rioting happened either while they were playing (which would be pretty fucking cool... like a moshpit, but with tasers/gas/police brutality) or straight after their set.

Hey guys. First post here, and many more to come.

HANDS DOWN #1...........tie:
Dream Theater - Live @ Budokan

Really? I can't say I love it, but I certainly don't hate it. It's just that on some of tracks LaBrie's voice sound... weak, or echo-y or something weird.

My favorites are probably:
S&M + Live Shit
Dream Theater - Live Scenes From New York (which I think is far better than Budakon)
Evergrey - A Night To Remember
Dave Matthews Band - Live @ Red Rocks
Roger Waters - The Wall Live @ Berlin Wall
Pink Floyd - PULSE
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere...

Probably my least favorite is Dark Trnaquillity's Live Damage, since the crowd is lousy, and I was really dissapointed with Stanne's vocals.

Can't wait for Opeth's Roundhouse Tapes DVD though - I've put off getting the cd so that I can enjoy the DVD that much more.

LaBrie's voice has pitch issue's, I think he takes on more than he can swallow in the studio.
I've got a bunch of live concerts, and I love practically each and every one of them, even NIN one I own. Say what you want about thier music, Trent organized one amazing live show.

sentenced_buried.jpg

Best live metal show DVD I have ever seen!!!

LaBrie's voice has pitch issue's, I think he takes on more than he can swallow in the studio.
I've got a bunch of live concerts, and I love practically each and every one of them, even NIN one I own. Say what you want about thier music, Trent organized one amazing live show.

He ruptured his vocal cords a while back, and he says they've only just returned to normal. All I can say is that it was getting really good on Score, and it was just amazing at the Chaos in Motion show this summer.

kenneth i have never once listened to porcupine tree but have heard MANY good things
is there only 1 dvd ?
what are some highlight songs

There's only one that I know of, great tracks are Trains, Arriving Somewhere But Not Here, Deadwing, The Sky Moves Sideways, Radioactive Toy, mostly any of their albums are good- with In Absentia & Deadwing topping them off.

Micheal Jackson - Live in Bucharest is a seriously awesome DVD. Such an amazing concert... well worth seeing, even if your not a fan of the music (if you're not, then you are a bad person) the ridiculous stage show will give you enjoyment. Like the zombie backup dancers, and the awesome solo by the chick wearing a christmas tree.

Micheal Jackson - Live in Bucharest is a seriously awesome DVD. Such an amazing concert... well worth seeing, even if your not a fan of the music (if you're not, then you are a bad person) the ridiculous stage show will give you enjoyment. Like the zombie backup dancers, and the awesome solo by the chick wearing a christmas tree.

i agree entirely
that chick was a little whacked with the GIANT hair-do
but when people faint and cry and breakdown.. before the show starts when he stands there for 10 minutes.... that's beyond the impact of music