what are you reading?

Here are some good books that I recently read...

1. Wicked by Gregory Maguire - acts as a prequel to the story of The Wizard of Oz. It's kind of weird and sexual in the beginning but starts to pick up in the middle and gives an interesting spin on the famous story.

2. Little Children by Tom Perrotta - was also made into a movie but the book is a lot better. Tells the stories of 20-30 year olds who are starting their life with kids and families and have to give up things that make up who they are. Includes subjects that people can relate to such as cheating spouses, the anticipated change to become 'responsible', and the desire for your life to be different than it is.

3. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - it is a collection of short stories by the comedic writer who is HILARIOUS. The way he describes things is priceless.

'Watchmen' written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons
Watchmen is set in 1985, in an alternative history United States where costumed adventurers are real and the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (the Doomsday Clock is at five minutes to midnight). It tells the story of a group of past and present super heroes and the events surrounding the mysterious murder of one of their own. Watchmen depicts super heroes as real people who must confront ethical and personal issues, who struggle with neuroses and failings, and who - with one notable exception - lack anything recognizable as super powers. Watchmen's deconstruction of the conventional superhero archetype, combined with its innovative adaptation of cinematic techniques and heavy use of symbolism, multi-layered dialogue, and metafiction, has influenced both comics and film.
I highly recommend this graphic novel.
Its considered one of the *top 100 books of all time*
I've become a fan of Alan Moore after reading V for Vendetta,
I just ordered 5 more of his graphic novels.

Alfred Bester - Tiger! Tiger!
Nigel Frith - Asgard
Olaf Stapledon - Star Maker (The SF Masterworks copy I have has amazing cover art)

Just finished Peter Hamiltons new book earlier, The Dreaming Void, carries on from Pandoras Star/Judas Unchained brilliantly.

The Complete book of Color Harmony by Tina Sutton and Bride M. Whelan.

This is a book on design and color for graphic designers and interior designers.

I just finished Orphans of the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein. Although its not the best novel ever written, any reader who can easily get into a decent story should find it pretty amusing.

I read "Speak" great book, really made an hour and a half of a freezing cold science class more bearable.

I read through Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse in one night. It felt like one long nightmare to me and it reminded me of Thomas Mann's Tonio Kroeger and Death in Venice.

David Brin - Uplift War

Good scifi, makes you think a little without being too technical

Loved Sundiver :)

Just finished Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, its too bad he just recently passed away. I feel for his loved ones,but he was finishing the last book before he passed :cry:

Currently reading Mark Twain's Letters from the Earth again
Highly recommend this to all.