What concerts have you been to so far this year?

Evergrey + Ebony Ark + Arwen
Kamelot + Kotipelto + Epica
Masterplan + Circle II Circle + Rob Rock + Pure Inc.
Ensiferum + Communic + Numen
Angra + Manticora
Within Temptation
Kreator + Dark Tranquillity + Hatesphere + Ektomorf

I'm probably forgetting a few...

hmmmm..i am sure i will miss some and some of these were just to meet up with friends and not bands i care for:

JP/Queensryche, Testament, Suffocation, Shadows Fall/Slipknot/Lamb of God, King Diamond, Kreator, Hallows Eve... that's all i can recall for now.

Danzig/reunited with Doyle for multiple Misfits songs
Entombed
Amorphis/Into Eternity
Dark Tranquillity/Soilwork
Europe
Judas Priest/Queensryche
Robert Plant
Opeth/Gwar/Lamb of God (Sounds of the Underground)

Probably more I'm forgetting.

Upcoming:

Twisted Sister
Ozzfest
Gigantour
Progpower VI

rottingflesh said:
hmmmm..i am sure i will miss some and some of these were just to meet up with friends and not bands i care for:

JP/Queensryche, Testament, Suffocation, Shadows Fall/Slipknot/Lamb of God, King Diamond, Kreator, Hallows Eve... that's all i can recall for now.

Just tried to send you a PM, but it said you need to clean out messages in order to receive any new ones. LOL! It's also the best way for me to communicate during the day as I don't have access to email at work any more. :)

Oh, let's see what I remember:

Powerfest '05
Motley Crue
Judas Priest/Queensryche
Social Distortion
Vader/Summon
a ton of local shows..

Upcoming:
Strapping Young Lad is tomorrow!
Gigantour
Ozzfest
ProgPower VI
Rob Zombie/Mastadon
Tesla

alexofbodom said:
Evergrey + Ebony Ark + Arwen
Kamelot + Kotipelto + Epica
Masterplan + Circle II Circle + Rob Rock + Pure Inc.
Ensiferum + Communic + Numen
Angra + Manticora
Within Temptation
Kreator + Dark Tranquillity + Hatesphere + Ektomorf

I'm probably forgetting a few...

Alex, your list makes me jealous dude! :headbang: You have good taste!

Not too many. Where do you people get all of this concert money?

April 2005 - Steve Vai
June 2005 - Manowar, Rhapsody, and Holy Hell

Coming soon....Collective Soul and ProgPower VI!

I'm having a fit to see Whitesnake somewhere, but the closest they're coming is a 5 1/2 drive! I'd also like to check out the Gigantour and The Rock Never Stops Tour with Cinderella, but they're not coming anywhere close either! Geeze!

Upcoming:
Rob Zombie/Mastadon

You're officially required to let me know how this show is.

I'm not a huge Rob fan (I much prefer White Zombie), but I've been warming up to Mastadon as of late, and I MAY see about checking out this tour.

Black Label Society earlier this year...

Went to Judas Priest/Queensryche a couple of weeks ago....

goin to see Brand New Sin tonight in the ATL

but lookin forward to PROG POWER the most....what a line-up this year!!!! :Spin:

80's AL

Brand New Sin... what kind of music are they?
I went to a metalfest alone one time and these guys were very nice to me
since I was standing all alone looking like a dork... :)
That was a long time ago... guess they are doing well?

QUEENSRYCHE & JUDAS PRIEST
HALLOW'S EVE ! I CANT BELIEVE THOSE GUYS ARE STILL AROUND!
SEE THEM AND MY BAND, DC MOON AND HIS ATOMIC SUPERMEN IN TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA JULY 30 AT THE BACK PORCH.
umm do you guys know hallows eve?

edgeofthorns said:
Alex, your list makes me jealous dude! :headbang: You have good taste!

Thanks, edgeofthorns!
I try to go to as many concerts as I can here in Barcelona. Unfortunately there isn't much going on this summer so I have to wait till later this year to see some more concerts. I might go to a couple of festivals, one in Sweden (Gates of Metal) with bands such as Children of Bodom, Masterplan, Dimmu Borgir, Brainstorm, Grave Digger, Nocturnal Rites, Twilightning, Amon Amarth, Evergrey, Dark Tranquillity, Edguy, etc... and one in Gernika (Basque Country - Spain) called Metalway with bands such as Machine Men, Labyrinth, Paradise Lost, APocalyptica, Saxon, Kreator, Running Wild, WASP, Primal Fear, Manowar, Accept, Children of Bodom, etc...
I definitely miss going to PP (attended PPII, III and IV) but I can't complain about the quantity and quality of concerts over here. Metal is really big in Barcelona and all major tours go through this city. You should come visit one day!

Queensryche/Judas Priest
Jon Oliva's Pain
Social Distortion - twice
Flower Kings
Emmylou Harris
Def Leppard/Tesla
Blackfoot
...I'm missing some I'm sure.

Upcoming:
3 Florida Gigantour shows
Whitesnake
Twisted Sister...maybe
Progpower
The Drum Pad 20th anniversary show in Chicago - Sept. 18. Flying out Sunday morning from Atl. to Chicago.

DAVETHEMETALGUY said:
QUEENSRYCHE & JUDAS PRIEST
HALLOW'S EVE ! I CANT BELIEVE THOSE GUYS ARE STILL AROUND!
SEE THEM AND MY BAND, DC MOON AND HIS ATOMIC SUPERMEN IN TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA JULY 30 AT THE BACK PORCH.
umm do you guys know hallows eve?

Of course-- I think I first heard them when I saw River's Edge (Lethal Tendencies was the song). When I went to Germany in 1988 I picked up Tales of Terror and Death & Insanity on vinyl and eventually got Monument a couple years later.

Finally got them all on disc in the past year. :headbang:

Yep, I know Hallow's Eve. Nice guys and they're frequent in-studio guests at WREKage. Heck, the show kinda grew up with Hallow's Eve. I played a third-party request -- for an Opeth song -- for their drummer Dane this past weekend, since he was feeling worn out after their gig on Friday. :)

Shows during 2005.... Well, I've seen a fair number of metal shows, so some of the other shows stand out: Porcupine Tree at the Roxy a short while ago, and Ozric Tentacles at the Bowery Ballroom in NYC, and again at the Neighborhood Theater in Charlotte back in March. Looking forward to seeing the incomparable Dead Can Dance at Radio City Music Hall in October. (!)