What made you sad today?

Sad to hear about the earthquake in New Zealand.....checked in with Steve Scott to see if he is ok. They managed to get out of there and are staying with his mother....phew!

Good to hear he's fine. My sister, her boyfriend and his three kids live in Christchurch, but they're all fine, thank God. A lot of destroyed stuff like TV's, china and pretty much everythink breakable, but that can all be replaced.

I don't get it how they can manage living somewhere when at any moment things like this can happen. After the major one in September last year and now this one, one could only hope they have a major "disaster plan" ...

Never heard about this until now, but I'm very glad sir Steve is all well.

Good to hear he's fine. My sister, her boyfriend and his three kids live in Christchurch, but they're all fine, thank God. A lot of destroyed stuff like TV's, china and pretty much everythink breakable, but that can all be replaced.

I don't get it how they can manage living somewhere when at any moment things like this can happen. After the major one in September last year and now this one, one could only hope they have a major "disaster plan" ...

Glad to hear your sister and her family are OK too Alex! Worrying times when you wake up to news of such events

Glad to hear your sister and her family are OK too Alex! Worrying times when you wake up to news of such events

Thanks Steve. Yeah, I think they're getting pretty used to the fact that the city in which they live is an apparent hotbed for these kinds of incidents. I mean, they had a giant one back in September, and apparently this last one might have had something to do with that. I dunno, though, I'm no expert.

Whilst I'm listening to Ecliptica by Sonata Arctica (as we speak), I decided to check out setlist.fm to see what sorta setlist they've been playing at recent European shows, and wow, I so hope they change the setlist a fair bit for the UK Leg!

Granted, there's a few very good songs from Ecliptica being played, but the songs from Winterheart's Guild and Reckoning Night are not the best from those albums, too many songs from the latest two albums (understandable for The Days of Gays I guess, it's the latest, but not Unia!) and worst of all, NO SONGS FROM "SILENCE"?!

It's their best album for God's sake! Suddenly I'm not looking forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks time so much anymore! :(

Whilst I'm listening to Ecliptica by Sonata Arctica (as we speak), I decided to check out setlist.fm to see what sorta setlist they've been playing at recent European shows, and wow, I so hope they change the setlist a fair bit for the UK Leg!

Granted, there's a few very good songs from Ecliptica being played, but the songs from Winterheart's Guild and Reckoning Night are not the best from those albums, too many songs from the latest two albums (understandable for The Days of Gays I guess, it's the latest, but not Unia!) and worst of all, NO SONGS FROM "SILENCE"?!

It's their best album for God's sake! Suddenly I'm not looking forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks time so much anymore! :(
When I read this, I was expecting to see a FAR worse setlist!

I quite love their recent setlists :lol:

Can't blame them for not playing much from their older albums. Tony's admitted several times to not enjoying pure, speedy power metal as much, and getting tired of writing/playing those songs all the time. Plus, how many bands play that much stuff from their first albums? I wish more did, of course, but the sad reality is that not many do! :(

I'll start a fund for 'An Evening With Power Quest' tour to solve that problem, haha!