When you saw the PP USA X video the first time...

I had previously heard of Sabaton but never listened to them, so that was an interesting choice. I will have to do some much needed investigation.

As for Tomorrow's Eve, they are going to completely kick ass!!!! Mirror of Creation I & II are awesome!!!!I need to fin the new album that is supposed to be released this week.tales from Serpentia!

Bear

Sabaton was the one that rocked me the hardest. I already had a couple of their albums after getting my hands on Art Of War a few months ago, but knowing they were going to be there was the rush for me. Probably the key band for next year. I've always wanted to see Royal Hunt as well and never had the chance. A couple of others are new to me so I'll be checking them out.

Which bands that you had never heard before made an immediate impact on you within the 1-2 minutes they were on the screen? Did you rush out and by the disc in the vendor room the next day? Or play it cool and investigate them further once you got home?
Andre Matos and Tomorrow's Eve.

Sabaton was the one that rocked me the hardest. I already had a couple of their albums after getting my hands on Art Of War a few months ago, but knowing they were going to be there was the rush for me. Probably the key band for next year. I've always wanted to see Royal Hunt as well and never had the chance. A couple of others are new to me so I'll be checking them out.
I was most excited to learn that Sabaton and PowerQuest will be there next year!:worship:rock::kickass:

I would have rushed and bought disks had I had the cash with me- but I've got DSO slated on my list. I love operatic vocals and really like the music. I just hope that her vocals can grow on me as I'm not big on them right now. BUT I am looking forward to seeing them.

And Sabaton! LOVE LOVE LOVE the heavier vocals so they hit for me.

-Metal

Powerquest-did not know them. looked them up with I got home. they are ok, so far they do not sound anything special.
Tomorrow's Eve-Same as Powerquest.
Diablo Swing Orchestra-did not know them. looked them up with I got home. They do ZERO for me. Most likely will check out a song or 2 from the band live then duck out.
Sabaton-I have all 4 of their albums. I have been telling all of my crew about this band. Was so frigging happy and surprised when they were announced. Told all of my posse to go buy The Art of War cd while they could.
Royal Hunt-Own all their cds. Really hoping that GLenn is able to pull off having DC Cooper sing some with the band too.
Andre Matos-Owned all the Angra cds, Matos solo albums, and Shaman cds. have not heard the Viper album he did.

Circus Maximus-Own and Love both albums, hoping they will have a new album out before next year's PP.
Orphaned Land-Own all their albums, plus EP's and a few other goodies by the band. Hoping their new album will be out before next year's PP.
Pagan's Mind-Own all their albums, especially God's Equation. Hoping they will have a new album will be out before next year's PP.
Brainstorm-Own all their albums! Hoping they will have a new album will be out before next year's PP.
Fates Warning-Own all their albums! Hoping they will have a new album will be out before next year's PP. Really hoping Glenn can pull off having John Arch join the band on stage to sing material from the first 3 albums. Talk about special and truly memorable.

BTW, can you seen a theme running with the Saturday night bands?? LOL

Which bands that you had never heard before made an immediate impact on you within the 1-2 minutes they were on the screen? Did you rush out and by the disc in the vendor room the next day? Or play it cool and investigate them further once you got home?

I have heard of Power Quest and Sabaton and never really gave them a listen but after hearing the clips I will be buying their CD's. I will also have to check out Andre Matos' solo releases. Royal Hunt I have been a long time fan of and I love the stuff they did with DC Cooper, not a big fan of the stuff they did with John West and the new disc with Mark Boals is excellent. DSO I don't care for at all, listened to some of their songs and just not my cup of tea.

As I am very familiar with the Saturday night lineup (holy shit!), it came down to Friday night. The band that piqued my interest the most (based on the video clip) was Tomorrow's Eve! By the time I finally made it out to the vendor table on Saturday, it was sold out. So I did spark an interest in making the purchase. I still have to order that one. I'm sure more will hit me by the time the fest rolls around.

However, Saturday night is going to be AWESOME! Circus maximus, Brainstorm, Pagan's Mind AND FATES WARNING! I'm sure I'll dig OL's live show as well.

DSO! DSO! DSO! DSO!

and Glenn knows that i heart me some Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind (squeeeeeeeee!), so i am all sortsof happy-camper-y

and i promised Swordlord that i would give honest listens to PowerQuest...and to stop calling them PowerGlove (who i love anyway) :)

but for the happy dance: DSO! DSO! DSO!:OMG:

and i promised Swordlord that i would give honest listens to PowerQuest...and to stop calling them PowerGlove (who i love anyway) :)

powerglove.jpg

Just out of curiosity...
Did the vendors know of the bands in the announcement?

Just wondering if they were made aware so they could bring their stock of next year's bands.

Maybe this is something that can't be stated publically, and if so, I totally understand.

A couple of us asked this question at the fest and were informed that the vendors were not given advance notice of the roster. Completely understandable considering the situation - the more people who knew before Saturday night the greater the chance for a leak somewhere. Now I'm not saying that the vendors aren't trustworthy or anything like that, but rather we attendees can be persuasive/bothersome/persistent/downright annoying if we detect a chance to have the inside scoop. :lol:

Just out of curiosity...
Did the vendors know of the bands in the announcement?

Just wondering if they were made aware so they could bring their stock of next year's bands.

Maybe this is something that can't be stated publically, and if so, I totally understand.

They are not. Only 3 people knew the roster prior to my crew finding out on Thursday night.

The only thing I had heard ahead of time was a rumor that PP X would bring back past bands that were popular. While this was the case, it was only for Saturday night, while Friday were new bands.

But other than that, it was a complete surprise as who the lineup was going to be. Granted, seeing Pagan's Mind as a returning band was no surprise, but welcome nevertheless! :headbang:

And Sabaton... can't forget about them! :)

Oh that reminds me by reading above ^

I didn't write exactly what was asked. I was already a Sabaton fan before the announcement.

What I should've said was....

My big "interest" is Diablo Swing Orchestra. When I saw them on the video, I thought that's gonna kick ass!! Never heard them before. Just the name, and apparently keep forgetting they are performing next year. As soon as I heard the tunes on the video I was very intrigued. I look forward to them very much!

After sparring with you over the mighty Freak Kitchen over the past couple years, I have to say that the 2 bands you mentioned above are going to be my 2 top fest newbies to watch next year. :) I hope for glitch free performances! Me thinks Sabaton is going to kick a bucket of ass...:headbang: