Where are the Mercyful Fate/King Diamond inspired bands?

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
I just do not see too many MF/KD inspired bands or other bands with same vocal style let alone.

I know sometimes Absu has King Diamond high Pitches at times. lol

But can anybody point me to any bands that have a remote similair sound?

Hour of 13 have some Mercyful Fate influences in their sound. They also have some of the same occult themes lyrically.

Cage are influenced by KD. They even have a song called "King Diamond."

What???
There is NO King Diamond sound in CAGE.
Sure, they have a song called KING DIAMOND, but they aren't influencial to them musically or vocally.

Musically, yes, WOLF would come to mind.

Gates of Slumber musically touch on "early" (Think NUNS HAVE NO FUN) MF.

What???
There is NO King Diamond sound in CAGE.
Sure, they have a song called KING DIAMOND, but they aren't influencial to them musically or vocally.

Musically, yes, WOLF would come to mind.

Gates of Slumber musically touch on "early" (Think NUNS HAVE NO FUN) MF.

Sure, they are influenced by King. Sean Peck himself told me that. Sean is one of the few vocalists who can even hit those King high notes. No, he doesn't do it in every song, because he likes to do different voices.

Okay, I'm gonna address a couple of things. First, being influenced by and having a similar sound are two completely different things. I don't see any similarities of King Diamond or MF in Cage, unless you consider Sean's falsetto, but to be honest his singing is more straight out of the Halford playbook than King Diamond. They may be influenced but I don't hear a similar sound--at least no more different than the Priest and Maiden influence. Wolf I totally don't see anything to do with King Diamond. They're just straight up classic metal. Maybe I have to listen to them again as I haven't in a number of months. It could be their musical parts sound like it.

I think to have a similar sound to Mercyful Fate or King Diamond, it has to have a creepy feel to it whether that's lyrically or musically with the atmosphere. Another way to do this is to do the concept album story that King Diamond does time and time again. Honestly, no one has that falsetto quite like Diamond. Like I said, the falsetto most people are talking about has more things in common with Halford than King Diamond.