Where are the Mercyful Fate/King Diamond inspired bands?

Although they are a progressive power house, Nils from Pagans Mind is highly influenced by King Diamond. Listen to their cover of "At THe Graves" it is one of the best covers ever in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although they are a progressive power house, Nils from Pagans Mind is highly influenced by King Diamond. Listen to their cover of "At THe Graves" it is one of the best covers ever in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXl6ZTXiBF4

see his live rendition of KD track at PP cover band set would have made me say Nils, but PM sound absolutely NOTHING like mercyful fate or king diamond.

and yes, NILS owned all at the cover band set just for his KD and Crimson Glory covers.

really? yeah I only have listened to Wolf for the past 8 or 9 years...what do I know.

As I said Bob, you aren't familiar with early MF.
Not sure why you are getting defensive.

Go check out the NUNS HAVE NO FUN EP, or even THE BEGINNING.
Then listen to early WOLF.
You will definitely hear the similarities.

Not vocally, but musically.

I was listening to Don't Break the Oath on the way home today and was thinking that nobody sounds vocally like King Diamond. Not only does he have the incredibly high falsetto but his voice truly soars and sounds almost like it's an organ or synth. Sure other guys can get that high, but nobody today can sing like King Diamond.

I was listening to Don't Break the Oath on the way home today and was thinking that nobody sounds vocally like King Diamond. Not only does he have the incredibly high falsetto but his voice truly soars and sounds almost like it's an organ or synth. Sure other guys can get that high, but nobody today can sing like King Diamond.

WORD.