WHICH ANTHRAX DO YOU PREFER?

Which version of Anthrax do you prefer?

• Joey Belladonna Era (The Island Years)

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • John Bush Era

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
I grew up listening to this band, so I've been a fan for a very long time. In addition to that, I'll admit that's it's taken just about as long for me to appreciate John Bush fronting this band. Eventhough the future of Anthrax is up in the air right now, this weeks EOT Poll is dedicated to them.

Which era of Anthrax do you prefer?

I'm going with the Joey era, simply due to the fact that he was with them when I cut my teeth on metal. Plus, I like every single album he done with them and that's simply not the case with the Bush era. With that said, I do enjoy the Bush era alot these days.

While I feel that the original lineup Anthrax was very important to the burgeoning thrash scene at the time (I also grew up listening to them), I also feel that The Sound Of White Noise came roaring out of the gate, boldly announcing a new sound and new way of doing things metal.

Sadly, though, at the time...metal was dead (or perhaps just sleeping, hehe).

I loved Bush in Armored Saint, and he worked so perfectly in the "new" Anthrax. You just gotta love the punkified groove, chunk, and balls in the Bush era material.

Rock on!

Joey is Anthrax to me. Spreading the Disease and Among the Living are THE Anthrax albums for my buck. I agree, Bush was great in Armored Saint, but just never really got into his Anthrax stint. I did like Sound of Whitenoise moderately.

Joey era for me, because by the time John Bush joined the band, Anthrax had given up the speed for which they were cool doing for a more groove metal which is fine just not what I wanted from this band.

Joey is Anthrax to me. Spreading the Disease and Among the Living are THE Anthrax albums for my buck. I agree, Bush was great in Armored Saint, but just never really got into his Anthrax stint. I did like Sound of Whitenoise moderately.

Totally agree 100%...nothing against Bush but Joey IS Anthrax IMHO. Some bands can recover when they lose influential members. For me when Joey left it wasn't the same band. I also loved "State Of Euphoria" :headbang:

I grew up listening to this band, so I've been a fan for a very long time. In addition to that, I'll admit that's it's taken just about as long for me to appreciate John Bush fronting this band. Eventhough the future of Anthrax is up in the air right now, this weeks EOT Poll is dedicated to them.

Which era of Anthrax do you prefer?

I'm going with the Joey era, simply due to the fact that he was with them when I cut my teeth on metal. Plus, I like every single album he done with them and that's simply not the case with the Bush era. With that said, I do enjoy the Bush era alot these days.

What about neil turbin?

Between Joey and John in Anthrax, It has to be Joey. Although I do like the Sound of white noise.

I completely 100% agree with what you just said. Belladonna is Anthrax to me. From the very first song I ever heard (Metal Thrashing Mad), which had his voice, I've always identified him as Anthrax. All of the truly great songs that Anthrax has in their library has him doing the original vocals and Among the Living is one of the best metal albums of all time.

I love ARMORED SAINT too, but I just didn't like the direction that Anthrax moved in under Bush.

Me & Joey Belladonna before his solo appearance in Minnesota, 3/24/2007