White Chapel-This is exile

Joshua Wickman

Yes Sir!
Feb 11, 2009
Michigan
Ok i just bought this cd and when I played it on my studio monitors i thought something was wrong with my speakers. I'm not sure if its clipping but there is some serious distortion going on in parts. Shoot the first song when it kicks in sounds terrible. Some of it sounds great but there is parts that just sound bad. I'm I just crazy and got a bad cd or something or did anyone else notice this??

i've heard the cd on car speakers many times, but i've never noticed anything weird like that. I've never listened to it on my studio monitors though.

do you hear the clipping on the myspace version too? I just went to their myspace but didnt hear anything weird other than the terrible myspace player quality.

I just checked it out and it sounds good. Checked it on my computer speakers which tend to distort on a lot of material and it didn't even do it there.

Whitechapel may just be too evil sounding of your setup? :ill:

Ok i just bought this cd and when I played it on my studio monitors i thought something was wrong with my speakers. I'm not sure if its clipping but there is some serious distortion going on in parts. Shoot the first song when it kicks in sounds terrible. Some of it sounds great but there is parts that just sound bad. I'm I just crazy and got a bad cd or something or did anyone else notice this??

I've noticed it's clipped to shit.:puke:

Hmm, don't hear any clipping, but that is one seriously muffled tone, sounds like the mic was like halfway between the dustcap and edge of the speaker, and I seriously can barely hear any note definition :ill: But yeah, no clipping as far as I can tell! (and I'm pretty damn confident in my setup)

¯\(°_o)/¯ How do brickwall?

niceoiq.jpg