Who do you think is the best power metal vocalist?

Vilden

From the holy kingdom of Harmonia
Aug 7, 2002
Stockholm, Sverige
Obviously inspired by the thread about thrash singers but as I don't really care for thrash I thought I'd start another thread.

So who's your favorite power metal singer? Both euro and uspm is fine, high pitched or mid/low pitched?

Russell Allen (Symphony X is regarded as both power and prog so I think it counts)
Hansi Kursch
Michael Kiske
Elisa C. Martin

Can't decide between these four, honestly. I was leaning towards Kursch though.

EDIT: Also, one vocalist I don't see mentioned very often is Mathias Bald from Falconer. He's pretty awesome.

Reactions: CiG
Bruce Dickinson, John Arch, Geoff Tate, John Stewart, Vittorio Ballerio, Michael Kiske, dunno, there are many

I never fully understood the need for the distinction between USPM and traditional heavy metal. So when I think power metal I mostly think of the really flowery stuff like Rhapsody and their ilk.

Daniel Heiman is probably the ultimate power metal vocalist. And I don't even listen to Lost Horizon that much. Other favorites are Hansi Kursch, Yama-B, Masatoshi Ono, Dark Age guy, Eroc Adams, Arch, Ballerio. And not sure if I'd call her a favorite, but Elisa C. Martin is pretty cool.

I've taken heat for this in the past, but I still think that Ilja Jalkanen is the fucking shit. Kiuas was never a major player in the power metal scene, but that guy could wail. Love him.

John Arch is perfect for the albums he sings on but Geoff Tate is probably #1 really. Eric Adams is super mighty too.

I also think Hansi Kürsch is great but he kind of suffer from having a really obvious german accent which sometimes totally works and sometimes can be abit annoying.

Reactions: CiG
if we're talking flowery euro power then elisa martin is my favourite obvs. if we're talking anything that gets tagged as power, yall have covered most of my favourites. conklin is a glaring omission.

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
METAL FROM HELL is one of my all time favourite albums, up there with AMPLE DESTRUCTION for me. chaotic production puts some people off, but it fits what is one of the most batshit unhinged albums i've ever heard.

Reactions: Phylactery
Tyrant Satan's Host is great.

I want to add James Rivera to the thread. At least I don't think he was in this thread earlier. Too drunk to reread.

Going down in fiya.
Flames are getting HIIIIIIIIIIYA.

Hmm I like a few.... My faves are:

Rafael Bittencourt from Angra
Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica
Luca Turilli