Who would be in your ultimate band, and why?

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
John Paul Jones (bass): There's plenty of flashy bass players around but JPJ is solid and dependable. Plus he's also a keyboards and mandolin player, a guitarist, songwriter, musical arranger and a producer, so if the rest of the band went AWOL for some reason, he could do everything by himself.

Maynard James Keenan (vocals): This guy has one of the biggest and best voices in the business today. His power and clarity is equal to Chris Cornell but he uses his range better and he's more adaptable across styles. He's also weird and has an attitude, which is essential, and he writes fucked-up lyrics.

Adrian Smith (guitar): What can you say about the guy who came in at No.1 on our guitarist poll? He's a spectacular lead guitarist, a great songwriter with a sublime pop sensibility and he's not a bad singer either.

Al Pitrelli (guitar): One of the best-rounded guitarists going around. Adaptable to any style of play and able to work with anyone. Like Jones, he's also a songwriter, producer and arranger. And he's also a pretty nice guy.

Virgil Donati (drums): It was either him, Neal Peart or Mike Portnoy. I chose Virgil because he's a local boy, but also because he can play anything from jazz and MOR to thrash, and that's important.

Drums- Flo Mournier: Cos he's fast and good, and evil, and this band needs that.

Bass- Micheal Anthony- Just for shits and giggles

Lead geetar-Steve Vai: Cos he's the man

Rhythem Guitar- Trent's Sister: cos she's got great rhythem, in bed.

Vocals- The chicks from tatu.

This band is called The Fat Moles,

For a black metal band:

Drums: Trym (the Yngwie Malmsteen of drummers) or Nicolas Barker

Guitar: Abbath

Guitar: Silenoz

Bass: Vortex

Vocals: Shagrath

Oh and Samoth and Ihsahn can be guitarists too, is 4 guitars too much? Horgh just missed out on the drummer bit too.

I am having 2 of every instrument because my band are PROGRESSIVE and ORIGINAL.

Drums: Mike Portnoy, Frost

Guitars: Michael Romeo, Mikael Akerfeldt (who can do some vocals too :D)

Bass: Lars K Norberg, Manring

Keys: Derek Sherinian, Martin Powell (violin too!)

Vocals: James Labrie, Chuck Billy

Best band in the world.

Drums: Gene Hoglan - he's a monster.

Bass: Steve DiGiorgio - has a lot of variation to offer.

Lead Guitars: Michael Angelo Batio and Yngwie Malmsteen - they can do all the tasteless shred they want and duel, and MA can write melodies.

Rhythm, Harmony Guitars: Chuck Schuldiner, and Anders Bjorler - legends, no doubt they'll get solos as well.

Vocals (growls): Pekka Kokko - interesting name, good growls. :D

Vocals (clean): Andre Matos - with some nice angels cry/holy land vocals.[/b]

They'll be everything: melodic death/thrash, with power and prog in there with stints of black. Something for everyone :D

Vocals - Tony Harnell: Because I like high pitched vocals and his voice is amazing.
Guitars - Vinnie Vincent: Because he's an awesome songwriter and guitarist and also I know everything he writes will be totally flashy, melodic, sleazy hard rock/metal.
Bass - Nikki Sixx: Another awesome writer, great stage presence and performer, my rock & roll idol.
Drums - Eric Singer: Because he's a monster drummer!

I was gonna have Dana Strum on bass because as a bassist I like him better than Nikki, plus he's also a producer. However, he would not work well with Vinnie again and I think his influence on All Systems Go held it back from being as good as it could have. He works better with Mr. Slaughter.

serenesorrow said:
Lead Guitars: Michael Angelo Batio and Yngwie Malmsteen - they can do all the tasteless shred they want and duel, and MA can write melodies.
Is that Michael Angelo of Nitro you're talking about there? :headbang:

Drums - Thomas Lang This guy is the new Virgil, and he's only in his early 20's....

Drums - Marco Minneman Pure freak..... and an absolute nutter! :lol:

Drums - Grant Collins God!

I know it's a very unconvential band, but trust me, give them enough time and they'd probably be able to reproduce any song that wanted..... melodic drumming in the style of Terry Bozzio but better and without the arrogant attitude!

ima do 2 for each as well, take your pick style:

Vocals - Axl Rose, Sebastian Bach - I was thinking of Tobias from Edguy because I think he's got an awesome voice, and my favourite vocalist is Peter Steele, but they'd only work well with their respective bands I feel, and I love Axl and Bach
Guitars - Kirk Hammett and James Hetfield - why split up a duo that work so well together?
Drums - John Bonham - Because he's so awesome
Bass - Cliff Burton - I'm a Metallica fanboy
Keys - some dude from a European power metal band ;D

Drums: Sean Reinhart-A MONSTER! He can play fast, he's a master at the double bass and no one matches him in the jazz style drumming. He also has a sense of rhythm that is unmatched.

Bass: Steve DiGiorgio- He can do it all on bass. His bass playing is so precise, so hard hitting, and he is the king of all that is fretless! Sometimes, his bass is so technical and intricate, it's almost like a third guitar.

Guitar: Jon Schaffer- Yes, he may be known for recycling his own riffs now and then, but the man is fast. His galloping triplets are to die for! And he's great with dual harmonies.

Guitar: Dave Mustaine- The man is a genius. Like Jon, he's great at both rhythm and dual harmonies, so those are two reasons why they'd go well together, but the other reason is the fact that Jon doesn't particularly like doing solos and not only does Dave like doing it, but he does it well.

Keyboards/Vocals: Jon Oliva-Great ear for melody, can pull out keyboard and piano melodies so emotional, it can bring anyone to tears. Not to metnion the fact that he just rules at it! He's also got that great aggressive, angry, sinister voice of his.

Vocals: Rob Halford- Not only is he my favorite singer of all time, but i figured his high register vocals, either the wail or the violent screeches can serve as a stark and interesting contrast to Jon Oliva's harsher, more rough around the edges singing. Also, Rob's gruff, tough singing voice sounds so bad ass! Plus, it's Rob Halford, enough said right there.