Who's driving to Atlanta this year? VEHICLE MAINTENANCE!!!

BROKENSPIRIT said:
My car is almost ready. Vehicle maintenance is complete!!
I just have one problem, there is a CD stuck in my CD player, I have tried several different techniques to remove it. Nothing seems to work.:mad:
Honestly I don't want to spend 12 hours listening to Frank Marino!!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I think I can help you out. What kind of cd player is it? And do you have the ability to pull it out of the dash?

BROKENSPIRIT said:
My car is almost ready. Vehicle maintenance is complete!!
I just have one problem, there is a CD stuck in my CD player, I have tried several different techniques to remove it. Nothing seems to work.:mad:
Honestly I don't want to spend 12 hours listening to Frank Marino!!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I was in a very similar predicament ~3 years ago, when I wrecked my car. I had to disassemble the darn thing before the insurance people got my car. It was a cd changer too, so 6 cds were at stake! Anyways, could you give us a few deatails on your player?

Greykiller said:
I think I can help you out. What kind of cd player is it? And do you have the ability to pull it out of the dash?

I have 2004 Nissan Frontier, the cd player is factory. I don't know if if
I could pull it out of the dash, but I can try. I figure that I will have to get a new stereo to replace the crappy factory one.:Smug:

See if there is a tiny hole near the cd slot... if there is, it's an "emergency release" button. Find a piece of wire and push inside the hole, and the cd should come out. You may have to take the unit out of the dash to do this.

Usually, this problem is not the fault of the player, but rather some sort of physical defect in the cd (at least, from my experience).

booB said:
See if there is a tiny hole near the cd slot... if there is, it's an "emergency release" button. Find a piece of wire and push inside the hole, and the cd should come out. You may have to take the unit out of the dash to do this.

Usually, this problem is not the fault of the player, but rather some sort of physical defect in the cd (at least, from my experience).

Unfortunately there is no emergency release button, I have looked for that.
I'm just about ready to take it apart. Wish me luck.:devil:

BROKENSPIRIT said:
Unfortunately there is no emergency release button, I have looked for that.
I'm just about ready to take it apart. Wish me luck.:devil:

Before you do that, you may want to try disconnecting your battery. Take the wire off of the negative terminal, and leave it off for about 5 minutes. Then reconnect the terminal and see if you can eject the cd then.

If that does not work, take the butt end of a screwdriver and carefully tap the cd slot while hitting the Eject button. It is possible that the cd optical sensor is slightly askew and a slight tap may set it right.

If that works, go out and buy one of those cd player cleaners from your local store. If your sensors inside the player are dirty, a quick cleaning may solve your problem.

Greykiller said:
Before you do that, you may want to try disconnecting your battery. Take the wire off of the negative terminal, and leave it off for about 5 minutes. Then reconnect the terminal and see if you can eject the cd then.

If that does not work, take the butt end of a screwdriver and carefully tap the cd slot while hitting the Eject button. It is possible that the cd optical sensor is slightly askew and a slight tap may set it right.

If that works, go out and buy one of those cd player cleaners from your local store. If your sensors inside the player are dirty, a quick cleaning may solve your problem.

Thank You!!! I got the cd out, but I think the motor on the cd player is dead. Now it wouldn't
accept the cleaning disc.

You are welcome, glad I could help!

It sounds like the sensor is still messed up...the cd player probably thinks a cd is still in the radio. The only thing I would suggest at this point is to get one of those cans of compressed air, and stick the small hose right into the cd slot and blow air into it. Of course you do not want the car running when yo do it..

Then try to put in a cd (one that you could listen to for 12 hours LOL) and see if it works.

If the cd gets stuck, use the battery terminal removal to get it back out.

But yeah, it sounds like you have a cd player issue.

Greykiller said:
It sounds like the sensor is still messed up...the cd player probably thinks a cd is still in the radio. The only thing I would suggest at this point is to get one of those cans of compressed air, and stick the small hose right into the cd slot and blow air into it. Of course you do not want the car running when yo do it..

Then try to put in a cd (one that you could listen to for 12 hours LOL) and see if it works.

If the cd gets stuck, use the battery terminal removal to get it back out.

But yeah, it sounds like you have a cd player issue.

Thanks, I will try the air and see if that helps. I will definitley get a differnt CD!!

Hi y'all,
Thanks for the check list Bryan...you're a good daddy!
I'll be driving in from Phoenix...Yikes...its over 1000 miles! This is the first year I am driving as I lost my job last month so I have the luxury of some free time. I'll be leaving monday, and hopefully getting there by WEdnesday night.
I put all the bands playing this year on mp3, so I am familiar with all of the music before the show.Am thinking of picking up a Sirius at cosco for some breaks between the music.
My car is a hybrid, so last week I put in a new battery fluid hose, new wiper blades, and am getting the oil changed tommorrow!
Maybe I'll soap the window..."PP7 or bust :)" Honk if you see me...ok?
Drive safely!
Deb

Damn Deb, that's a LONG assed drive! Sorry to hear about the job thing, I know you'll be ok. Hope ya catch a tail wind with that hybrid! ;) Safe travels, we'll see you in little over a week!

J-Dubya

All these people driving their cars is kinda neat on a large scale. Imagine if you could "zoom out" to the whole US and see little dots representing each driver as they start in various cities and all head towards one spot at slightly different times. It's like a selective migration. I'm sure we'll all encounter some sort of adventure on the road too!

TychoCelchu said:
All these people driving their cars is kinda neat on a large scale. Imagine if you could "zoom out" to the whole US and see little dots representing each driver as they start in various cities and all head towards one spot at slightly different times. It's like a selective migration. I'm sure we'll all encounter some sort of adventure on the road too!

Ohhh I could tell you some stories from the last two road trips. But they involve bodily functions that would get me banned from even a liberal forum such as this...

:zombie:

I swear.,....I think I need a sign for mine...ProgPower HERE WE COME!

btw...here's a game for the Drivers. 2 years ago we actually saw a license plate with the letters PPV in it. We KNEW we were on our way! NOw..how many of ya'll will spot a license plate with PPVII or PP7 in it?

Coldie

Jaen said:
im driving approx 60 miles...:p

I'm in Auburn, so I've got you beat; I'm about 20 miles closer than Athens. I'm not commuting, though. I'm staying at a hotel. :heh:

Historically, though, Jim Raggi/LotFP had the shortest journey to get to ProgPower, since he actually lived in a Midtown apartment, about six blocks away from Center Stage. :p