Who's heard of Wolf?

I hate it. I think its 'false' retro crap that is uninspired. some people really seem to like their latest album though.

I don't care for the new album, but the s/t and Evil Star are both excellent. Black Wings is pretty good as well, but if you want to check out an album in its entirety, get the s/t or Evil Star....

Evil Star is the only release I have from them. I enjoyed it, but now there are far to many other releases I'd like that have put others from them on a back, back burner. Hellfueled is who I'm totally diggin' and can't wait to hear their new release.

I saw them at a BWBK fest a few years ago. You couldn't find happier motherfuckers to be playing here. They smiled the whole goddamned time and they put on a pretty good show. They haven't hit the "upper echelon" for me, not even close in fact, but I do enjoy their stuff!

Evil Star is the only release I have from them. I enjoyed it, but now there are far to many other releases I'd like that have put others from them on a back, back burner. Hellfueled is who I'm totally diggin' and can't wait to hear their new release.

Was a little disappointed in the new Hellfueled cd. There was not that one killer track like "Look Out" was on the last cd or "Let Me Out" and "Midnight Lady" were on the other that I have. I did put "Right Now" from the new one on my iPOD but my tastes certainly don't match up with too many on this board so who knows. :kickass:

XM's Breaking Bone Hour did play "The Bite". Personally, I think it is pretty decent stuff. Better than a lot of stuff Kash plays on his show.

Jason

Not terribly familiar with Wolf. Some of Falconer are friends with them, though.

I'll check out the Myspace stuff.

Okay, after listening:
....I don't like the singer's voice. :(
The music is pretty nifty.

WOLF are one of my favorite bands. I met them and spoke at length with them at BWBK in Cleveland, and they are honest metalheads that just play from their heart. They live and breathe old school, and that makes them good guys in my book. Contrary to what some people think, they are not a retro band - that is just the music they grew up with, have always loved and emulate today. I don't understand the labeling that goes on today with some bands. Just because they play no frills heavy metal without trendy bullshit and wimpy ballads, they get labeled a 'false retro' band. In my opinion, they lay most new "power metal" bands to waste with their songwriting. But then again, I grew up with seminal albums from MERCYFUL FATE, AGENT STEEL, MALICE, HEATHEN, and many of that ilk. I guess that makes me old school, but I will take that stuff over most of this new candyass shit any day of the week! WOLF rules and should DEFINITELY play ProgPower someday!