Why Abbath?

LuisMejiaF

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2014
San Salvador, El Salvador
I laugh every day with the Daily Abbath. I do accept that I like some black metal songs, but for my perspective, Immortal is.... not my kind of music.

But, why do we need to make fun of him? I mean, why specifically him?

I laugh every day with the Daily Abbath. I do accept that I like some black metal songs, but for my perspective, Immortal is.... not my kind of music.
What have you heard by them?

I wouldn't try to find logic or reason in an internet meme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abbath is something of a comical figure. I'm pretty sure he doesn't take himself very seriously. Which, obviously, leads to many fantastic jokes. I mean, just check out the crab dance near 0:44!

And the exaggerated facial expressions!

I laugh every day with the Daily Abbath. I do accept that I like some black metal songs, but for my perspective, Immortal is.... not my kind of music. But, why do we need to make fun of him? I mean, why specifically him?

While other black metal artist are busy burning churches and bitching about other black metal bands, Abbath is busy being fucking awesome.

"We use war paint... demon war paint."

To be honest, I feel like it's more like we're laughing WITH him than at him. He knows it's cheesy and silly.

His segment for guitar world a few years ago is one of the best things ever - He'd demo one of his riffs and then impulsively sing the lyrics while doing so - I can only assume because it's the only way he knows how to play the songs in the first place.

I don't listen to Immortal, and I don't think these memes are poking fun at Abbath. I think it's simply hillarious seeing the character superimposed into all the different pictures. Damn funny stuff, right there!

Never listened to Immortal before, but it's really not that bad. I think the guy has a great deal of humor about his band and that whole "scene". Very entertaining guy, and the memes are hilarious. His pronunciation of "Abbath" had me thinking "Hey, Abbbaaaattttthhhh!!!"

tumblr_lsoi61NVtV1qgqrzko1_400.jpg

I was convinced it was some sort of hint about the PPUSA XVI announcement. At least that's the only sane explanation I had for it, besides "because it's funny".

I was wrong, and Glenn is just crazy. :)