Winger - Karma

their first album is actually called Sahara, I couldn't stop listening to it when t came out...My first cd I ever owned...

Bear

This is nitpicking I know, but the album actually was just called "Winger". The band originally went by the name of Sahara, but there were also another band by that name, so they decided to go by the name Winger and put in the word Sahara on the front cover of the debut album. It's confusing, yes :)

This is nitpicking I know, but the album actually was just called "Winger". The band originally went by the name of Sahara, but there were also another band by that name, so they decided to go by the name Winger and put in the word Sahara on the front cover of the debut album. It's confusing, yes :)

Hmmm...I'm learning something here. Claus, so you're not referring to the Atlantic debut, right? If not, then I had no idea that they had any other albums.

~Brian~

Love Winger... I'm with everyone else on 'Pull' being so incredibly underrated...

Another CD Kip did solo is 'Songs from the Ocean Floor'... freakin outstanding.. The song about his wife who passed away from complications from a car accident is gut wrenching every time I hear it...

Never really followed Winger. I always think of Beavis and Butthead when I think about them, that and Petrucci not wanting his keyboardist to play rythm guitar so they don't look like Winger. But this album is good.

Hell yes!

mëtålspëd;8619366 said:

Yup, "Karma" is a really good album! I love the more aggressive tone to Reb's guitar this time around.

c.

I heard the whole album it destroys...one of the best ROCK albums for 2009 hands down!:headbang:

Top 10 of 2009 easily...good stuff!

Double YES on all these quoted posts. Finally heard this album and it's AWESOME. Totally blown away, fantastic album :headbang:

Double YES on all these quoted posts. Finally heard this album and it's AWESOME. Totally blown away, fantastic album :headbang:

QFT. I'd also call it Top 10 of 2009.

For any fans of guitar solos with amazing "feel," you need to hear "Witness" from this CD (also my favorite track on the disc). The solo runs for just over two full minutes, and never stops being interesting.