Within Temptation - Black Symphony!

I remember hearing about the concert when they announced it in their newsletter, but a trip to Europe is just not possible for me at this point. The preview of the concert looking amazing. Hopefully there will be an import or something floating around by the time of PP.

I will be buying the blu ray for this. Hopefully Roadrunner will release it so I don't need to pay too much for an import. No way I could settle for the DVD.

Preliminary word from Roadrunner is NO for blu-ray. We'll bring in the import as long as its Region A.

Yeah, hopefully it'll be region free like a number of companies have been doing for blu-ray releases. I can't see why it wouldn't be considering a number of bands release region free DVDs. If you bring it to PP (it gets released that week), I will give you my money. A shame I must then wait several days to drool while watching it.

I remember hearing about the concert when they announced it in their newsletter, but a trip to Europe is just not possible for me at this point. The preview of the concert looking amazing. Hopefully there will be an import or something floating around by the time of PP.

I have noticed you are from Baltimore. Are you going to MDF next year?

A friend of mine who lives in Florida was at that gig. She flew to Europe just to be in attendance during WT's Black Symphony concert. She said it was breathtaking. This clip appears to be that, and more.

That would be worth a trip for sure. I can't wait for the release. Region coding on media, like BluRay is fucking stupid. All it will do is encourage people to download it instead. It's nothing for some to rip a BluRay disc.

Preliminary word from Roadrunner is NO for blu-ray. We'll bring in the import as long as its Region A.

Any update on this?

According to their site:

Contains Stereo PCM Uncompressed 96kHz/24bits, Surround PCM Uncompressed 96kHz/24bits, Surround DTS 96kHz/24bits, Surround Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo Dolby Digital sound, filmed in full high definition, widescreen 1080i. Subtitled in English. Both discs are coded region-free, with a total running time of 350 minutes!

Want to be sure I bring enough monies to pick this up if it's going to be available at PP.

I too will have this one on my list of items to pick up at PP, although we have an all region player so it can be a standard DVD in PAL format as long as I get a copy. :headbang:

The DVD/CD is being released as a combo by Roadrunner in the US so there's not a problem there.
I'm addressing the Blu-ray region coding question because RR isn't releasing that here and I want my HD concert.

The Blu-Ray edition of Black Symphony is now in stock.

www.lasercd.com

Damn, I wish I would have waited just because I would have liked to support you rather than some distro from overseas (plus it cost me $50).

About the blu-ray, the concert looks amazing in hi-def. I have two complaints though:
1) they added some type of special effects in the editing during some songs that add a bit of "cheese" factor to it. The concert looks amazing enough without the added bull.

2) I HATE Sharon's stage presence, she throws her fist up constantly and just seems a bit lame with trying to hype the crowd. I'm not sure if it's just because it was a special concert being filmed or if she does that at all shows but it got old real quick.

Even with those 2 gripes, I love this dvd and I suggest anyone that is a fan pick it up.

2) I HATE Sharon's stage presence, she throws her fist up constantly and just seems a bit lame with trying to hype the crowd. I'm not sure if it's just because it was a special concert being filmed or if she does that at all shows but it got old real quick.
I've never had a problem with Sharon's stage presence. At both the shows I saw WT I felt that Sharon had some great interaction with the crowd and didn't mind the fist-pumping in the air (since that tends to be what a lot of folks do at metal shows to get into the music anyway ... that and clapping), but I guess if that's not your thing it's not your thing. She does do it quite a bit, but I guess I never really noticed how much until you pointed it out.

I've never had a problem with Sharon's stage presence. At both the shows I saw WT I felt that Sharon had some great interaction with the crowd and didn't mind the fist-pumping in the air (since that tends to be what a lot of folks do at metal shows to get into the music anyway ... that and clapping), but I guess if that's not your thing it's not your thing. She does do it quite a bit, but I guess I never really noticed how much until you pointed it out.

She does the arm pump a lot but not to any point that annoys me. I mean, it's not like she's yelling "HEY HEY HEY HEY" over top a weak soprano singer's part every 2 minutes like a certain someone else. I mean, if you really want to talk, we can discuss her "dancing."