WITHIN TEMPTATION: Paradise (What About Us?) single with Tarja

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that's a tease. Not sure what I think. Nothing jumps out just yet. Definitely looking forward to hearing the full release.

Yeah, SDA's voice kind of overpower's Tarjas. I'm also looking for something awesome (like rrrrRRRRRRRRitual!!) but I'm thinking the whole "collaboration" is the "awesome" part.

yeah, their last album pretty much turning me into a Within Temptation fan boy so i am looking forward to this.

I liked "The Unforgiving" quite a bit but it was certainly a departure from the previous catalog. It is not difficult to see how some fans of the band could have been put off by the change in musical direction. WT's last album was far closer to AOR than symphonic metal.

Delain has done the same thing. I would describe "We Are the Others" as stylistically very different than "April Rain." But I like it too.

Personally, I think it does a band good to stretch their wings a bit. Sometimes growth is lateral instead of vertical. I suspect fewer fans were lost due to "The Unforgiving" than followers gained. In the end, it gets old hearing the same album recorded repeatedly with only subtle variations made to justify the purchase.

But I don't want to hear WT release a country album!

I liked "The Unforgiving" quite a bit but it was certainly a departure from the previous catalog. It is not difficult to see how some fans of the band could have been put off by the change in musical direction. WT's last album was far closer to AOR than symphonic metal.

Delain has done the same thing. I would describe "We Are the Others" as stylistically very different than "April Rain." But I like it too.

Personally, I think it does a band good to stretch their wings a bit. Sometimes growth is lateral instead of vertical. I suspect fewer fans were lost due to "The Unforgiving" than followers gained. In the end, it gets old hearing the same album recorded repeatedly with only subtle variations made to justify the purchase.

But I don't want to hear WT release a country album!

Though I like the previous cds, particularly Mother Earth and Silent Force, I tend to agree with you that it's good when bands stretch themselves. While I was a little upset with the change, after listening to the last full cd I liked it quite a bit.

I was a fan of WT before "The Unforgiving", but I have to say I think "The Unforgiving" is an amazing album, and it kills me every single time I listen to it. Sure, it's poppy and about as far from "Mother Earth" as you can get, but those vocal melodies are so good that I don't care at all. I'm really disappointed that they didn't tour the US behind it, because I think it would have played very, very well in the states and gotten them a lot of new fans if they had made even a modest push over here.

I was a fan of WT before "The Unforgiving", but I have to say I think "The Unforgiving" is an amazing album, and it kills me every single time I listen to it. Sure, it's poppy and about as far from "Mother Earth" as you can get, but those vocal melodies are so good that I don't care at all. I'm really disappointed that they didn't tour the US behind it, because I think it would have played very, very well in the states and gotten them a lot of new fans if they had made even a modest push over here.

They did an abbreviated tour of the US in support of "The Unforgiving." I saw them play Terminal 5 in NYC as part of their "tour." It was a really good show. Sadly, they only did four dates in the US (Worcester, New York, Baltimore and Philadelphia) plus two Canadian dates. I was only able to see the NYC concert because I have a brother who retired up there after his naval career. We stayed with him.

But I agree. They needed more dates. I hope they will come back again but I doubt we will see them before 2016 at the earliest. Maybe WT will prove me wrong and hit the states before then.

I love the band. The only knock I have against them is that they won't work with Glen to get to ProgPowerUSA. Bad, WT. Very bad.

They did an abbreviated tour of the US in support of "The Unforgiving." I saw them play Terminal 5 in NYC as part of their "tour." It was a really good show. Sadly, they only did four dates in the US (Worcester, New York, Baltimore and Philadelphia) plus two Canadian dates. I was only able to see the NYC concert because I have a brother who retired up there after his naval career. We stayed with him.

But I agree. They needed more dates. I hope they will come back again but I doubt we will see them before 2016 at the earliest. Maybe WT will prove me wrong and hit the states before then.

I love the band. The only knock I have against them is that they won't work with Glen to get to ProgPowerUSA. Bad, WT. Very bad.

I was at that show, was awesome. Agree they would have done really well if they had more dates in the US. Thinking they would be as filled crowd wise as that show was.

Love the song! Big epic feeling, the dual vocals were handled really well, and the video was kickass too. All in all, I'm really pumped to hear more new stuff, I guess the actual new album isn't due for a while though.