Worst album cover?

Vienyard

Arrogant Dickhead
Sep 5, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.epicureanmetal.com
I've been real good lately in repeating threads that have already been posted, but here goes....

Worst Metal album cover? My vote goes to that band Wolf. I dunno the name of the album (not the newest one) but it has the most cheesy drawing I've seen in awhile. It looks so....3rd grade!! Its bad. Its like....didnt anyone notice how shitty it was before it was sent to print?

Ooooooh, haven't seen that one. I can't think of a bad one at the moment.....the only one that springs to mind is the digipack cover of Blood Red Throne's new baby. It's painfully boring (just some text) and the red letters don't even look remotely like blood. The normal cover is good though.

Ummm. I'm sure there's far worse than that, just can't think of any atm.

The new old mans child cd cover is pretty ordinary if you ask me, not the worst ever, but the worst i can think of off the top of my head...Good cd though.

Originally posted by Vienyard
Worst Metal album cover? My vote goes to that band Wolf. I dunno the name of the album (not the newest one) but it has the most cheesy drawing I've seen in awhile. It looks so....3rd grade!! Its bad. Its like....didnt anyone notice how shitty it was before it was sent to print?

HAHA!!! Yeah, that's the debut self-titled by Wolf. At first I thought it was really awful, now I'm sorta mystified by it.

Some other bad ones:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Type O Negative - Origin of the Feces
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Iced Earth - s/t (concept is great, but the artwork sucks)
Immortal - Battles in the North
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Riot - Thundersteel
...and 95% of all computer-generated prog metal album covers.

How 'bout this one? :D

Sure, nice babe but c'mon. Who the hell would think of that title :confused:

B0000010TJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well, we discussed cover art a while back, but it was mostly about coverart we liked. The worst one then is the same as now though. No competition: Mortiis "The Stargate"!
B000025ADU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Lp even has a dreadfull poster of that terrible picture. :yuk:
Although not terrible, I think Tha Dogg Pound's "Dogg food" look like something they just put together in 5 seconds (which a lot of hip hop shit looks like):
thadoggpound.gif

Oh man....has to be "Terminal Earth" by Scanner. It's fucking HORRIBLE. The album itself is bloody awesome, but the cover...oh the humanity.

Jag Panzer's "Tyrants" EP wasn't much better...in the vein of the aforementioned "Thundersteel" by Riot, but a bit worse.