Wow - Shining's new live video

Aug 14, 2008
Shining (NOR) filmed this video in one take without any edits, 100% live, to protest their rehearsal studio from being demolished.

In other situations, 99% of bands filmed in this situation would buckle down bad. Either they're not tight enough to pull it off, or they would look really lame and embarrassing. You know you're seeing a real band when you can play outside like that, unrehearsed, AND look cool as hell doing it. Much respect.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5_Q__mSYV8&[/ame]

Nice! :headbang:

I hope everyone that is able checks out their upcoming US/Canada shows.

Sep 17. Saint Vitus, Brooklyn, NY
Sep 18, Les Foufounes Electriques, Montreal, Canada
Sep 19, The Annex Wreckroom, Toronto, Canada
Sep 20, Reggie's, Chicago, IL
Sep 23, Marquis Theater, Denver, CO
Sep 25, Observatory, Santa Ana, CA
Sep 26, Slim's, San Francisco, CA
Sep 28, Roxy Theatre, West Hollywood, CA

I'm not sure what's so amazing here...playing outside, or in a garage, or in a hall...what's the difference? Is it because it was shot for a video?

No acoustics, no monitors, no soundcheck (because you can't), no mixing board, having to play that kind of music WITH the saxophones and all in one take with one camera, all while being just as entertaining as you would playing a real venue. There are maybe a only a handful of bands that could pull that off with the same kind of finesse and tightness and most of those bands from the pre-digital era. I doubt the man who Shining is undoubtedly most inspired by - John Zorn - could even pull it off like that.