XM - Firewind getting played on next week's Breaking Bone Hour

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Kevin Kash was talking about next week's show and mentioned Firewind was going to get played.

The Breaking Bone hour is on every Sunday at 9PM.

Jason

XM just needs to dedicate a whole channel to prog & power metal. If they did that, I'd resubscribe. Otherwise, I'd have to wait through the tons of crappy overplayed songs in order to hear the "once in a blue moon" power or prog metal song on XM 41 (Boneyard) or whatever channel they may use. (I highly doubt they'd use XM 42 Liquid Metal, since that seems to be more thrash and death metal).

And Sirius is in the same boat, right? It's about once a year that I scope out the channel listings for those two providers and each time I'm dispapointed to see no dedicate prog rock and/or prog metal station. But it's been about a year since I checked...... Sounds like nothing's changed on XM.

And Sirius is in the same boat, right? It's about once a year that I scope out the channel listings for those two providers and each time I'm dispapointed to see no dedicate prog rock and/or prog metal station. But it's been about a year since I checked...... Sounds like nothing's changed on XM.

I don't think they'll ever put one together since it's a very limited genre in comparison to having one or two general metal stations that cover the entire spectrum.

I've got Sirius and Hard Attack will play cuts from recent, fairly big-name prog metal releases (Evergrey in 2006 around the time MMA was released) and this year with Dream Theater and plenty of Symphony X (even in the past, they'll bust out some SyX).

There was talk about putting together a show for just power/prog metal but it never materialized. Listeners should make the request for at least a show, if not a dedicated channel. The satellite radio providers certainly won't give a rats ass about the genre unless they know there is a large enough demand for it.

I think the best hope is to argue for a show. Unfortunately, Kevin Kash seems to be allergic to shows, since so far, after almost a year of being on, the Breaking Bone Hour is the only show he can manage. Not even the old show have made a reappearance.

I still fight the good fight, tho.

Jason