Y&T I'm coming home video

I REALLY like this song...sounds like it could fit very well in the Mean Streak era of the band which is the high point of the band's career. Looking forward to the new Facemelter album now.

You know, I thought this band was wrapped in that glam metal scene (maybe they were) but I checked these guys out a couple days ago and they're pretty damn good. This may or may not be a stupid question but do the rest of their stuff sound like this?

You know, I thought this band was wrapped in that glam metal scene (maybe they were) but I checked these guys out a couple days ago and they're pretty damn good. This may or may not be a stupid question but do the rest of their stuff sound like this?

Their "heavier" era is the best and pretty much in that style, which is supposed to be the style of upcoming disc Facemelter. Check out:

Earthshaker (1981)
Black Tiger (1982)
Mean Streak (1983)

Forever (off Black Tiger) is probably their best song ever. The title track from Mean Streak is also killer.

After that, they went for a way more poppy sound and lost me...But Facemelter will bring me back.

Their "heavier" era is the best and pretty much in that style, which is supposed to be the style of upcoming disc Facemelter. Check out:

Earthshaker (1981)
Black Tiger (1982)
Mean Streak (1983)

Forever (off Black Tiger) is probably their best song ever. The title track from Mean Streak is also killer.

After that, they went for a way more poppy sound and lost me...But Facemelter will bring me back.

I agree that Earthshaker, BT and MS are the heavier albums, but the only "poppy" album was Down For The Count--which was still a good album. They returned with In Rock We Trust, which totally kicked ass. The albums after that, Conatgious and Ten, were still great albums, though a bit more melodic. After a time off, they came back with Musically Incorrect, which absolutely sucked--I can't even listen to it. Then came Endagered Species, which, while different from thier usual style, was a killer album. Y&T played a few of the new songs at Melodic Rock Fest 2 a week ago and they sounded really good and I can't wait to hear the CD.

One of my favorite bands of all time. Finally got to see them live in 2006 and it was one of the best times I've ever had.
Pre-ordered the new CD last week and am looking forward to it. The current lineup of the band is really strong. The live DVD they released from that tour 'Live - One Hot Night' is great and worth the money.

I agree that Earthshaker, Black Tiger and Mean Streak are their best albums. I also enjoy 'Contagious' and 'Ten' from '87 and '90. Those are strong albums too.
The band have been getting the rights back to their catalog over the years and remastering them. All but 'Down For the Count' have gotten the remaster treatment.

I agree that Earthshaker, BT and MS are the heavier albums, but the only "poppy" album was Down For The Count--which was still a good album. They returned with In Rock We Trust, which totally kicked ass. The albums after that, Conatgious and Ten, were still great albums, though a bit more melodic. After a time off, they came back with Musically Incorrect, which absolutely sucked--I can't even listen to it. Then came Endagered Species, which, while different from thier usual style, was a killer album. Y&T played a few of the new songs at Melodic Rock Fest 2 a week ago and they sounded really good and I can't wait to hear the CD.

Sorry but save for a couple very good tracks, most of In God We Trust is quite poppy to these ears, much more "commercial" than the previous albums. And the follow-ups were even worse. Maybe they were good for that style, but for me, it was not really Y&T.

Sorry but save for a couple very good tracks, most of In God We Trust is quite poppy to these ears, much more "commercial" than the previous albums. And the follow-ups were even worse. Maybe they were good for that style, but for me, it was not really Y&T.

Heh heh, you've got Stryper on the brain. You mean 'In Rock We Trust.'
The best songs on that album are on the second side (or half) of the album.
Lipstick & Leather, Don't Stop Runnin, etc.

One of my favorite bands of all time. Finally got to see them live in 2006 and it was one of the best times I've ever had.
Pre-ordered the new CD last week and am looking forward to it. The current lineup of the band is really strong. The live DVD they released from that tour 'Live - One Hot Night' is great and worth the money.

I agree that Earthshaker, Black Tiger and Mean Streak are their best albums. I also enjoy 'Contagious' and 'Ten' from '87 and '90. Those are strong albums too.
The band have been getting the rights back to their catalog over the years and remastering them. All but 'Down For the Count' have gotten the remaster treatment.

I don't think Ten or Contagious have been remastered. Probably because Geffen (I think) keeps them in print. I'd love to see a 2-disc remaster set of those albums. Big hair or not, they were my introduction to Y&T.

I was late to the Y&T party as well. I got into them last year. With that said, I started out with Mean Streak. Personally, I like both eras of their music, but I like 80's hard rock. I've sampled Facemelter over at Melodicrock.com and it sounds like it will be a great album. I'm looking forward to it coming out. :kickass:

~Brian~

I was late to the Y&T party as well. I got into them last year. With that said, I started out with Mean Streak. Personally, I like both eras of their music, but I like 80's hard rock. I've sampled Facemelter over at Melodicrock.com and it sounds like it will be a great album. I'm looking forward to it coming out. :kickass:

~Brian~

You started with their GREATEST album!!!:worship:notworthy:worship:

Anxiously awaiting the new album! Love the video & all the audio clips I've heard. Highly recommend seeing the boys live if they are in your area. Have seen them countless times over the last few years & they always deliver:headbang:

IRWT was my intro to the band back in the day, but Black Tiger is my favorite. Love all the eras of the band, though. From Yesterday & Today to the present day these guys rock. Plus, they really treat their fans well. They are passionate about their music & it shows!