Yet another odd question

I can see what you mean, but I didn't feel that way this year. At last year's Maryland Deathfest, I was really in the mood for very melodic metal, and here I was at a 98% extreme metal festival. It took me a bit to acclimate to it. But ProgPower 2012, I was having such a great time talking to people, drinking, buying merch, and listening to great music that I just wanted it to keep on going. I could easily stand another day of PP. Physically, though, I was worn out. I could barely turn my neck, it was so sore!

And with that I'm done with the forums. So long

No one is telling you to leave. But I have a problem when people whine and complain about being on the festival for too long, or whatever... ESPECIALLY when it's a year that myself and many more regulars couldn't mAke it. There's a lot of us who wish we could've been there this year and when I read whining about the festival, I get ticked off.

Get the hell over it. It's a metal festival with focus on progressive and power metal. You always complain that you don't get enough shows, or that you don't have money to go to the (actually you seem to like to make a bit of a pity fest on your posts sometimes). For fuck's sake, you get ProgPower once a year!!!! Is that too much to handle? Come on!!

Would it make sense to anyone else here if I said I felt claustrophobic at the festival in a musical sense?

I mean going from 2pm-2am with nothing but prog-power and then having all that prog power merch in the table. I actually felt sick towards the end of the night (course it could of been relationship troubles at the same time or a combo of the two)

Anybody else feel like that at any point during the festival or am I just being a looney again?

primordial, epica, solution .45, pretty maids are not prog-power

No one is telling you to leave. But I have a problem when people whine and complain about being on the festival for too long, or whatever... ESPECIALLY when it's a year that myself and many more regulars couldn't mAke it. There's a lot of us who wish we could've been there this year and when I read whining about the festival, I get ticked off.

Get the hell over it. It's a metal festival with focus on progressive and power metal. You always complain that you don't get enough shows, or that you don't have money to go to the (actually you seem to like to make a bit of a pity fest on your posts sometimes). For fuck's sake, you get ProgPower once a year!!!! Is that too much to handle? Come on!!

You dont have to stay the whole time. I was planning to skip primordial and Mayan to eat, breath fresh air, "clean" the ears a litlle bit.

We love to complain(too much of this, too little of that....). Facts of life!!!!

What I really don't get about some of the complainers annually about how it's too much, is that that Progpower is pretty damn minor if you were to compare it to something like Wacken for example. That would be exhausting. As others have said, in and outs should help too. For me though, I like staying for the whole thing, not necessarily all on the floor but hardly ever do I get to see this calibur of bands in the same place. We should be grateful, not complaining.

Personally, I actually loved it being pretty much "cocooned" within the festival. No having to put up with and listening to rap or other such bullshit "music". On the way back home from the Richmond airport, I had to stop at a Wendy's as I really needed to get something to eat. Over the "muzak" they had some generic pop music playing. Realized just how banal and vapid much of that stuff really is compared to what I just spent the weekend listening to and experiencing. Felt good to get back in the car and crank the shit out of that CETi album that I had playing through the iPod connected to the car stereo. If I do need to "detox" from all the heavy metal, I got a pretty decent collection of classical that I would much rather listen to (and in fact, may hook up with one of my friends from the Klipsch audiophile forum and see if there is anything interesting to go see at the local symphony). Either that, I'll throw in one of my Asia, Styx, Pink Floyd, Yes, or Rush albums.