You know what really pissed me off about ProgPower?

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
I guess it was the night of the pre-party.

Some girl is wearing a Hammers of Misfortune shirt.

Hammers! My favorite band!

So I do what is typical and normal in this situation. I throw the horns and scream "HHHAAAMMMMMEEERRRRRSSS!!!!" as loud as I can at this person.

... and...

No reaction. Didn't blink, didn't smile, didn't go "oh yeah HAMMERS!"

Was this person deaf? Wearing a borrowed shirt?

It's not like Hammers fans grow on trees, dammit!

ARRGHHH.

Oh... I thought you were gonna say Strato...

BTW... I liked your sign proclaiming that you are closed for the Orphaned Land show and why the hell aren't we there ourselves. Or something along those lines. I thought it was cute. :D Didn't miss a second of Orphaned Land. Would not have missed them for the world!

Jim LotFP said:
You know what really pissed me off about ProgPower?

All that SCUM in the room with you and none of them were even the least bit pissed off?

BTW, I loved the issue. There were moments when I thought you were a complete fucking loon that were offset by other moments of clarity when I thought you were a complete and total fucking genius. Well done.

Joe

Jim LotFP said:

So I do what is typical and normal in this situation. I throw the horns and scream "HHHAAAMMMMMEEERRRRRSSS!!!!" as loud as I can at this person.

... and...

ARRGHHH.

could it have been a poser? or they simply ignored you?:tickled:

I can't stand people like that, when they clearly see you're talking/yelling to them and they simply ignore it. It really makes me sick, no matter how shy the person is...

Jim LotFP said:

... and...

ARRGHHH.

:D That is hillarious!

Heh - at least I helped make up for it when I acknowledged your acknowledgement of the Deceased "Supernatural Addiction" shirt I was wearing. :D

BTW, Hammers rocks - I saw Slough Feg (Scalzi's other band) live recently and was wishing the whole time that it was Hammers instead (though I like Slough Feg's studio output).

That was a cool shirt... Jason, which covers did your dad do?

Dark One said:
Heh - at least I helped make up for it when I acknowledged your acknowledgement of the Deceased "Supernatural Addiction" shirt I was wearing. :D

BTW, Hammers rocks - I saw Slough Feg (Scalzi's other band) live recently and was wishing the whole time that it was Hammers instead (though I like Slough Feg's studio output).

rottingflesh said:
That was a cool shirt... Jason, which covers did your dad do?

Thanks Linda - he did the "Supernatural Addiction" and "Behind the Mourner's Veil" album covers. Also, King Fowley used one of my dad's drawings as the cover of October 31st's "Stagefright" live album (King purchased the original of that drawing and decided to use it as the cover for that album - my Dad didn't even know about it until I saw the cd out and tipped him off, LOL).

He'll be doing the next album cover for King as well (not sure which band it will be for though).

Very cool!!! I will have to see which cd i have and if it is one of those.
King and I may travel together soon to see a mutual friend who had a stroke/brain hemmorage.... i will have to mention you to him.... it is just a small world huh?

Dark One said:
Thanks Linda - he did the "Supernatural Addiction" and "Behind the Mourner's Veil" album covers. Also, King Fowley used one of my dad's drawings as the cover of October 31st's "Stagefright" live album (King purchased the original of that drawing and decided to use it as the cover for that album - my Dad didn't even know about it until I saw the cd out and tipped him off, LOL).

He'll be doing the next album cover for King as well (not sure which band it will be for though).

rottingflesh said:
Very cool!!! I will have to see which cd i have and if it is one of those.
King and I may travel together soon to see a mutual friend who had a stroke/brain hemmorage.... i will have to mention you to him.... it is just a small world huh?

Wow. Yeah our community definitely can be a small world in many ways. When you see him tell I think "As the Weird Travel On" (Deceased's new one) rules.

Ironically - King met my Dad at a horror convention (not sure which one), that's how he noticed the artwork. :)