Zero Hour "Dark Deceiver" CD Update!!

ZHbabe

Aug 30, 2006
I'm very pleased to let everyone know our new CD entitled "Dark Deceiver" is MIXED!!! The BIGGEST THANK YOU goes out to our great friend, producer and engineer Dino Alden for all his amazing work. This CD was very challenging as the Vocals and Drums were a bit of a process but DINO IS THE MAN and everything sounds KILLER!! Many thank you's Dino my bro as YOU ARE THE BEST!! Troy I listen to the mixes today and we're extremely happy with how it sounds my bro and VERY STOKED to move forward. The CD looks to be coming out late March - Early April of 2008 off Sensory Records. Very please to re-sign with Sensory as Ken has been a great part of Zero Hour. Lots of things are in the works for Zero Hour in 2008 and look forward to sharing lots of news in the future.

Troy Tipton is in Bass Professor (Germany) and I'm SO STOKED for Troy because he truly deserves it. It's a 3 page interview that's very detailed in asking about Troy's direction of playing Bass. Thank you very much Andreas for the great interview on Troy. Congrats again Troy...... YOU RULE!!!

Guitar Player Magazine (Germany) Zero Hour is in the Oct. Issue advertising the PPC Festival with Jasun's Signature Manne Model. (The BEST part is ZAPPA is the cover) This is all very exciting and we want to thank Alex, Thomas and all at PPC for all their support in promoting Manne and Zero Hour. MANNE & PPC RULES!!!
The articles are posted below!

Thank you all so very much for hanging in there with us and sorry for the lack updates. Things get a little crazy at times and I'm very happy to share the news with you all.

YOU'RE ALL METAL!!

Jasun/ZH

guitarcover.jpg

troy3aaa.jpg

troy3-1.jpg

Troy3.jpg

troy3aa.jpg

troy3a.jpg

Thanks so much Metal brothers and sister.

I hope Sensory can get an MP3 up really soon. I'm very much looking forward to you all to hearing it.

YOU ALL RULE!!!

Jasun

Ah, love hearing news of a new album.
Can't wait to hear it, everything else you guys have done has been spectacular! Listening to Metamorphosis right now actually.

I also second the "Awesome on the new CD".

I hope I get to see you guys again sometime soon. Had a blast at that Jaxx show last year November (despite fucking my car up that night on the way home), as well as at San Francisco this past May!

Definitely looking forward to hearing the new album. If it is anywhere near as good as your specs of pictures burnt beyond album, I'll be probably be shitting myself just at the shear awesomeness that it would be!

I was just asked a question on how this CD differs from Specs on the Perpetual Motion Board from our friend and long time listener Steve. I thought I would share my answer in the forum.

Right on Steve and that's a great question. The biggest one is Troy and I do a lot more lead work than the previous CD's. For some reason this CD called for it. Troy and I wrote lyrics to "The Power to Believe" and over 90 percent of the lyrics to "Inner Spirit" (A 12 miniute jam). Troy wrote the lyrics to "Dark Deceiver" and I wrote lyrics to "Resurrection". "The Power to Believe", Inner Spirit" and Resurrection" follow a concept. I like the idea of doing a concept album and would like to do a another full-length concept in the future. The 3 songs really interact well with each other with lots of vocal melodies, harmonies blending with one another with a really good storyline and lots interacting in the drums, Bass and guitar. Chris and Troy wrote lyrics to "The Temple Within" and Chris wrote lyrics to "Lies" and "The passion of Words". Troy does this amazing instrumental called "Tendonitis". Troy has had Tendonitis for over 10 years now as a lot of you know on this board. Once we came back from Germany and he tracked his parts he hasn't been able to rehearse with the band since. He's been going to the doctor, Chiopractor to help get his arms back to playing health. It's been a couple Months but he is getting a little better and is shooting to start practicing with the band again in the middle of January. Luckily the plan is not to start playing out till the release so things are looking good. We did this crazy jam called "Severed Angel"....Very heavy and dark. With help on arrangements from Dino it's a scary track.
There is more to get into but I always love hearing feedback from others on their take of the changes we made.

Jasun

Thats awesome news Jay. I cant wait to hear the new music, I am sure it will be awesome as usual. Hopefully Troy can get back into action again soon, I have had bouts of tendinitis and it sucks but I know that he has been having it for years and only time and PT can help ease the pain. Hope to see you guys around soon, got some shows coming up!!!! Happy holidays to the Zero Hour family as well brotha!!!!

Bear

Right on John and Bear!!

I'm trying to find someone to help me with translating Troy's interview. I will post it up if I have success.

YOU GUYS RULE!!

Jasun