3 best metal albums you`ve heard so far in 2009!

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
223077.jpg

1. Obscura - Cosmogenesis

sample:

219945.jpg

2. Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

sample:

o1824945.jpg

3. Enslavement of Beauty - The Perdition EP

sample:

My 3. faves so far og 09. 1."Cosmogenesis" is just one hell of a prog. technical death metal release. Its like the best of Cynic and Cannibal Corpse in one album. 2."Evisceration Plague" was good as expected, not amazing, but as always a good release by CC. 3."The Perdition EP" is one extremely well done Melodic Black/Gothic release which is better then most full albums ive heard so far.

So do you got any favorites so far in 09?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuff I've heard released this year so far:

Dark Forest - Dark Forest
Shackles - Traitors' Gate
Deathevokation/Graveyard split 7"
Graveyard/Terrorist split 7"
Bone Awl - Night's Middle 7"

Tribulation `the horror.

nothing else as of now. I have not heard much from 2009 yet.

All that I've heard so far is the new Blut Aus Nord, which is infinitely awesome. I aim to pick up the new Absu, a track from which I really like. Thanks Omni.

I bet you are just saying that lol.

Anyways, all I've heard so far this year is Lamb of God's new album, which isn't bad.

Oh, and Kreator's album.

But it's just on my computer, still haven't bought it yet. :(

Agreed on Cosmogenesis. Fantastic album that gets better with every spin. Only other 2009 metal album I've heard so far is Hordes of Chaos, which is also awesome, but not quite as good.

Mastodon - Crack the skye, simply a masterpeice, i still havent heard the last song off of it though

Mono - hymn to the immortal wind, not metal but this album is very chilling and well put together

these are the only 2 that have really WOW'd me so far this year, cosmogenesis was really good i'll give that 3rd place. I havent heard alot of the 09 releases so far though.

Whoops, my bad. Alter sent me a compilation with an Absu track on it, and since I remember your mix being superior, I associated it with yours.

Yeah, I haven't listened to the new Absu yet, so I was wondering what that was about. There's a new Dark Tribe album coming, if you're interested. The second album is also on eBay right now.

What has gotten the most plays from me from 2009?

Absu - Absu (So far has my "album of the year" vote but of course it is early in the year)
Tribulation - The Horror
Lamb of God - Wrath

Absu - Absu
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue With the Stars
Archgoat - The Light-Devouring Darkness

I'm currently listening to the latest Ribspreader album, really good as well.

Absu is one of the few BM I actually enjoy and noticed they don't even have their original guitarist so am not checking out the new album. I don't care how stupid it might seem, but you can't reform a band without atleast one original guitarist. They actually had a really good guitarist for being a black metal band also.