9th Annual SymX Fan Lunch at ProgPowerUSA

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
This year's SymX fan lunch (our 9th, can you believe it?!) is going to be held at 12:30pm on Saturday the 12th at Vickery's Bar and Grill (vickerys.com - 1106 Crescent Avenue, Atlanta - 404-881-1106); it's on the same street as Front Page News, for those of you familiar with that restaurant, & is within walking distance of the venue & the closest hotels. I've made a reservation for us so they ARE expecting us this year, & they open at 11am so we won't have any trouble waiting for them to prepare. They have a breakfast buffet for $10 a person, or you can order from the menu if you prefer; for those of you needing a bit of the hair of the dog, they have unlimited Bloody Marys or Mimosas for $15 as well.

MJR sent me some awesome goodies for you all..some pretty rare stuff here, folks, this is going to be awesome! There'll also be nametags for everyone, and if there aren't enough of all of the goodies for everyone, we'll be drawing numbers from those nametags, so be sure to get one when you arrive.

You can find a map here - I put the restaurant, the venue, and the two most popular hotels on the map..if you're staying elsewhere, you may want to check a map or print out directions beforehand. I'll also have copies of it with me in Atlanta for those folks who never seem to know about the lunch until someone there tells them about it.

Oh, and the usual disclaimer: the band will NOT be there (though we usually give MJR a call & say hi to him en masse sometime during the lunch, and he DID say that he'll probably be home to answer the phone this year *grin*); this lunch is for the band's fans. It originated when SymX played at PPUSA2 and we had a catered lunch with the band in attendance (we did the same when they played PPUSA4), & has been an annual event ever since, with or without the band.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you there next weekend! Wear your SymX shirts so we can get some good photos!

Jax :)

Wasn't going to post them here since there's been zero replies to this thread aside from my own, which indicates zero interest.

Thanks for luncheon and the cool pics and poster! It was really cool to also meet other fans from other parts of the country (and Canada and Argentina!).

This year's lunch was held at a new location, a restaurant called Vickery's (for those of you familiar with Front Page News, Vickery's is right next door). Everyone was happy with it & we had an excellent time, so I do believe we're going to make Vickery's the new home of the SymX PPUSA fan lunch.

Without further ado, here's who was there:

3954309843_f9dddfeb9c.jpg

3954310795_531c7e82e8.jpg

3955091684_38a1eae90f.jpg

3955092646_de23168365.jpg

3955093622_c17ebcf56b.jpg

3955094536_1abd5e7037.jpg

3955095466_6533afb21d.jpg

3954316629_e0e478525e.jpg

3954317525_dcb2e27415.jpg

Oh! How nice! Could you name the people in the photots? I'm not up to date on whos whos photo wise lol.

AND OMG THAT LAST PIC WITH RUSS AND MIKE IS AWESOME!!!! ROMEO LOOKS SO METAL!!!!!!