Album update thread :)

Well... the album is still called Cyclic. We have boiled the list of tracks down to about 13 songs to record, off which 10 or maybe 11 will make it on to the album. Despite what was indicated earlier, there will be no "celebrity" producer, as our recording advance just couldn't cover it. We were very close though. There is a possibility of some notable (for us anyway) guest appearances, but we’re not promising anything yet.
I’ve just started laying down the first guitar tracks. I should be done with that by the time Janos returns from Italy in early August, at which time we’ll focus on the drums. We’ll keep you updated here (apparently :loco: ) as things progress. Maybe we’ll have some pics and video clips as well. Feel free to ask any questions, and we’ll do our best to make up some answers for you :)

m

The rythm guitars are done on about 3 of the songs. I'm experimenting with different gear and styles as I go along, so things are taking slightly longer, but we're still on schedule.

Everything is ready to start recording the drums, which should commence next week. I promise to have some photos and maybe a video clip or two by next weekend... stay semi-tuned!

Well, we're on our way. The last couple of days have been spent getting all the gear in the studio up and running for the drum session. Today we did some test recordings and had a bit of an argument with a stubborn snare drum :Smug:
damndrum.jpg

tomorrow we start recording.!:kickass:

should have some more relevant pics tomorrow

Well today went swimingly... 3 tracks are done already.

Made a little compilation clip of janos playing... it won't give away too much of the music though :p I'll try to make something similar for all the members.

JANOS AT WORK

(you'll need a divx codec to play it... in the absurd case you don't have it, go here DivX)

It went swimingly? wtf is that supposed to mean?

The video is nice (I'm always amazed by drummers btw), he could have said something smart though. I expect that you do so in your video to make up for it. :D