Any albums released since 2000 in your "top 10 of all time" list?

I agree. It's a really tough one though because somehow nostalgia needs to be put aside. What you need to do is clone yourself, gather a 100 CDs from all eras and listen to them all for the first time ever and sequence them in order of preference and then change your name to dolly the sheep.

lol

that's unpossible

for example, even WITH nostalgia aside, there simply is nothing ever that will force Powerslave, Mindcrime, Seventh Son..., Ride the Lightning, Master..., etc. out of that top 10. It just defies logic. They're THAT good :headbang:

I've decided I'll just come up with top 10 all-time PER GENRE, which allows me to go ga-ga over say, a Shining or Taake album for black metal (which are currently kicking my dick in)

*YOU* wouldn't have Warning in your top 25? Or top 10 for that matter?

I don't think so, no. Too much Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, Cirith Ungol, Pagan Altar (fuck, I guess Lords Of Hypocrisy would have to count), Legend, and Angel Witch to account for.

When judging a top ten, sentimentality should take precedence. What other incentives do we have to listen to music besides the emotive aspect? We're fans, not instructors at Juilliard.

I personally can not be arsed to comprise a top 10, it simply makes my cerebellum fibrillate just thinking about it.

Tool - Lateralus is probably the only one.

Other masterpieces from '00 and forward:

Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip vols. 1 & 2
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine

Those are Top 25 contenders, definitely.
Possible additions include:
Ulver - Perdition City
King Crimson - The Power to Believe
Colour Haze - Periscope
Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
Old Man Gloom - Seminar III: Zozobra

Possible. My Top 10 and/or 25 doesn't move around much. Lateralus is definitely up there though. Others might in time, but it's way too early to tell just yet.

Also as much as I've grown to dislike The Mars Volta, Frances the Mute is still an incredible beast.

It's been so long that I've put together a Top 10 list that I shall try right now and surely give up. I'm not into ranking things anymore I guess, odd.

Tool - ÆNIMA
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Nirvana - Incesticide
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Danzig - 4p
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy

Needs more Swans and Silver Mt. Zion. Hendrix and Kyuss. Some hookers. Beer. Whatever.